Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LifeMiles Expiration

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GASUG
I still can't see this information on the Lifemiles website. However, it's available on the Android app though, if this helps.
Lucky you, I log in on the app and it never finishes loading the home page. Running latest Android 9, but no dice after several tries. Anyways, it's LM so no shocker here.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
However, it's available on the Android app though, if this helps.
Where? I've tried cycling through the screens that the LM button shows. Any other menu items. Don't see it?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by demue
Lucky you, I log in on the app and it never finishes loading the home page. Running latest Android 9, but no dice after several tries. Anyways, it's LM so no shocker here.
I borrowed a friends phone to check on the android app as well, no dice. No expiration date listed anywhere. Well either 104,000 miles will expire this month or not...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Where? I've tried cycling through the screens that the LM button shows. Any other menu items. Don't see it?

Apologies, as it turns out I was looking at the Avianca app as opposed to the Lifemiles app. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Apologies, as it turns out I was looking at the Avianca app as opposed to the Lifemiles app. Sorry for the confusion.
Aha...yes, thanks!

Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
^ That worked.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
I also get an expiration month on the Avianca app... Which doesn't make sense.

My last flight credit activity was May 2018 and my last purchase of miles November 2018, still the app shows an expiry date as of February 2020....

Should be October 2019 according to the new rules..
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: LH SEN | UA 1K
call themand have it corrected
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:34 pm

If I transfer from Marriott to Lifemiles, will that reset the expiration date according to the new rules?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I made a purchase of 1,000 miles online today and it updated my balance straight away
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Same for the web site. Log in to avianca.com and it lists your accrued miles and expiry date.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
I also get an expiration month on the Avianca app... Which doesn't make sense.

My last flight credit activity was May 2018 and my last purchase of miles November 2018, still the app shows an expiry date as of February 2020....

Should be October 2019 according to the new rules..
Did you ever follow up with LM customer service to have them look into this? If so, what was the outcome?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by kantscholar
If I transfer from Marriott to Lifemiles, will that reset the expiration date according to the new rules?
Does anyone know the answer to this? Does one of these transfers reset the clock?
Old May 15, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTWFF
https://onemileatatime.com/lifemiles-expiration-policy/
- easy enough to find via a Google search
It would seem that purchasing miles should reset the expiration clock, but I just made a LM purchase and my miles are still set to expire in a few months. Any ideas?
Old May 16, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MillValleyMom
It would seem that purchasing miles should reset the expiration clock, but I just made a LM purchase and my miles are still set to expire in a few months. Any ideas?
Thought I’d close the loop on my own question. Purchasing miles does extend the expiration date, but it takes a day for this to take effect.
ihispanic and cuthroat like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.