Avianca BOG lounges closed 12/31

Old Dec 31, 18, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Cent, DE Plat, UA Gold, etc.
Avianca BOG lounges closed 12/31

Flying CUN-BOG-SCL. Both business class (Diamond) and membership lounges are 100% closed. No reason given. First experience with Avianca and Iím not at all impressed.
raporot likes this.
Old Jan 1, 19, 8:58 pm

I'll be there on 1/8: hope it'll reopen by then. On a related note, CTG domestic lounge was closed to PP members on 12/25 due to 'works'.
Old Jan 2, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, Dirt elsewhere
I too ran into the closed lounge on December 31st: After a long day exploring BogotŠ, I'd been planning on taking a shower before my flight to Munich. It was disappointing that the lounge was closed -- and with no alternative offered.
Old Jan 2, 19, 3:08 pm

Their lounges in BOG are not impressive at all! The LATAM lounge next door feels more upscale!
Old Jan 20, 19, 9:00 am

Update from this week. All lounges are open 24/7, including Diamond. Entrance to Diamond is through Gold lounge in the early hours of the morning
Very pleasant surprised with Avianca in Business. Nice and quick service on the LHR and MUC routes, leaving plenty of time to sleep.
Old Feb 14, 19, 10:19 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Diamond lounge at BOG not accessible for C passengers anymore

Since 2019 C passengers are directed to the huge *G lounge which is adequate at best.

This said I wonder why anybody would fly AV on a route where there is competition. At least they offer a proper C class, but the crews can best be compared to government officials old style. If you smile hard at them they may become somewhat pleasant. At least their operations appear safe. Hope LX or LH will fly again to SCL soon.
Old Feb 22, 19, 5:37 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by behuman View Post
Since 2019 C passengers are directed to the huge *G lounge which is adequate at best.

This said I wonder why anybody would fly AV on a route where there is competition. At least they offer a proper C class, but the crews can best be compared to government officials old style. If you smile hard at them they may become somewhat pleasant. At least their operations appear safe. Hope LX or LH will fly again to SCL soon.
Glad I read this here. I'm flying back from CTG do GIG this Sunday on a paid C ticket and I expect to use Diamond Lounge. Let's see if my Amigo Diamond Card from Avianca Brazil (O6) will allow me to get in - although my flights will be credited to TK...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: