Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting Air China L Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Crediting Air China L Flights

Has anyone had success crediting CA L class flights to AV? There's a 2 year old thread mentioning a problem but I haven't seen anything since.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Bump. Anyone has update ?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
I don't have any experiences but I can give some background. In March 2016, Air China changed the L fare from a high fare to a very low discount bucket and almost every carrier in *A dropped L fares to 25% or 0% earning except LifeMiles. I'd say it's definitely possible that they did so internally but never bothered to update the chart, although it has been almost 3 years so that would be very disappointing and misleading if true; since it's still on the chart you could probably finagle them into giving you the miles if they don't post although you'll probably have to try pretty hard and don't listen to them when they tell you to contact Air China; Air China can't help.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Does CA L class earn credits on AV? https://www.wheretocredit.com/china-airlines/l
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Does CA L class earn credits on AV? https://www.wheretocredit.com/china-airlines/l
CA is Air China, not China Airlines.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1353513636
I don't have any experiences but I can give some background. In March 2016, Air China changed the L fare from a high fare to a very low discount bucket and almost every carrier in *A dropped L fares to 25% or 0% earning except LifeMiles. I'd say it's definitely possible that they did so internally but never bothered to update the chart, although it has been almost 3 years so that would be very disappointing and misleading if true; since it's still on the chart you could probably finagle them into giving you the miles if they don't post although you'll probably have to try pretty hard and don't listen to them when they tell you to contact Air China; Air China can't help.
Thanks. The only reason for me to book a CA L fare would be to credit to AV at 100%, so I don't think I'm going to try.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by 1353513636
CA is Air China, not China Airlines.
They all look the same
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:58 am

LM is crediting CA L fares, it's 100%, just credited a few segments, they are pretty quick.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C2fly
LM is crediting CA L fares, it's 100%, just credited a few segments, they are pretty quick.
Thanks for the DP. Did those segments include transpacific flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.