Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LM award routing: Asia to US via Europe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
LM award routing: Asia to US via Europe

LM newbie here. Can i use the screenshot method to book Asia to US via Europe?

I want to do HKT to JFK and avoid Air China / Beijing connection. Would like to try and do HKT-FRA-JFK on TG and LH.

Is this feasible?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:15 pm

Don't see why not. BKK should even easily show up on the site

Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Funny, I am not getting any of those :/
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Funny, I am not getting any of those :/
Well he did BKK to ORD and not HKT to JFK, so that must be a reason you don't see it. His availability does not mean every Asia to USA via Europe is available.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Based on 5 years + of meddling with LM, I wouldnt expect it to be ticketed.
The site has its "sweet spots and crazy routings", but a human would notice the route and strike it down.
Best case is to try to "massage the website" to show you something via europe, but you would fair better with a departure out of BKK/SIN/KUL, and not HKT where only TG availability is available (meaning at least a 2 stop itinerary).
See below for readily available itineraries in business class!

To avoid the Air China / Beijing connection, chose a departure time well after the CA (Air China) flights departure time, or specify an airline (but this wont work since TG doesnt fly to the US).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.