Wiki Posts
Search

AV 89 TIBIT or Terminal 3 Departure?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
AV 89 TIBIT or Terminal 3 Departure?

I see conflicting information about the terminal location for AV89 (LAX-BOG). I know you check in at Terminal 3 (LAX), but does the flight depart from TIBIT? Flight tracker shows recent flights from Terminal 3. I am trying to determine what lounge we would have access to (pref. Star A lounge at TBIT). Thanks for the info.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
I think I found my answer. LAX's website does say that Avianca check in is at Terminal 3, but departs from TIBIT. Does anyone know what times the Avianca check in is staffed (if we arrive earlier than the requested 3 hours prior to departure)? Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
I think I found my answer. LAX's website does say that Avianca check in is at Terminal 3, but departs from TIBIT.
That’s correct, you walk over to TBIT after checking in at T3. Unfortunately I don’t know when their counters open.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Nov 10, 2018 at 10:31 pm
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

That’s correct, you walk over to TBIT after checking in at T3. Unfortunately I don’t know when their counters open.
Flights depart from TBIT. Avianca has flights all day long, so any wait won't be longer than three hours.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
I don't know when their counter opens, either. Last time I took the flight I checked in online and then entered T4 with Clear and used the connector to go directly to the gate in TBIT.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
I know they open at 5pm for the night flights. Don't know what time they open AM.

Their check in desks are at the last door to T3, so you walk like 20 feet to TBIT.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:59 pm

For the AV89 that departs LAX at 7:10 PM, wouldn't the counters have to open 3 hours prior at 4:10PM?

Anyone know for sure what time the Avianca counters at LAX open at? Asking because I'd like to check out the new Polaris lounge in T7 before the flight but I'm afraid I won't have enough time.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by dsantos08
For the AV89 that departs LAX at 7:10 PM, wouldn't the counters have to open 3 hours prior at 4:10PM?

Anyone know for sure what time the Avianca counters at LAX open at? Asking because I'd like to check out the new Polaris lounge in T7 before the flight but I'm afraid I won't have enough time.
Unfortunately Star Alliance business class to Colombia doesn't get you into the Polaris lounge. It does get you into the United Club, though.

I've got the same flight and am curious about the Terminal 3/TBIT situation with AV89--would you give us an update when you find out? Much prefer the Star Alliance lounge to anything in T3. Much appreciated.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by dlm0061
Unfortunately Star Alliance business class to Colombia doesn't get you into the Polaris lounge. It does get you into the United Club, though.

I've got the same flight and am curious about the Terminal 3/TBIT situation with AV89--would you give us an update when you find out? Much prefer the Star Alliance lounge to anything in T3. Much appreciated.
Ah, I thought that business class passengers to South America were allowed in the Polaris lounge. I guess they changed their policy from the last time I read it.

I should still be able to use the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT right?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by dsantos08
Ah, I thought that business class passengers to South America were allowed in the Polaris lounge. I guess they changed their policy from the last time I read it.

I should still be able to use the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT right?
Yeah United specifically excludes Colombia for some reason. From their website:

"United Polaris is available on trans-Pacific or trans-Atlantic flights, and on flights from the U.S. to these South American destinations: Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Santiago. All other international routes are United Business® and include use of the United Club: Guam, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, Colombia and Ecuador."

Yes you can definitely access the Star Alliance business lounge in TBIT with Avianca business.

Still concerned that the flight takes off from terminal 3 which would be quite the back-and-forth with security (regardless of time consuming, I'm not sure TSA would allow this). When I flew on Copa to Panama City, LAX website also said check in at T3 and proceed to TBIT (like it says for Avianca). However it said TBIT on flightaware for the flight (not T3). It says T3 for this avianca flight.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
Originally Posted by dlm0061
Still concerned that the flight takes off from terminal 3 which would be quite the back-and-forth with security (regardless of time consuming, I'm not sure TSA would allow this). When I flew on Copa to Panama City, LAX website also said check in at T3 and proceed to TBIT (like it says for Avianca). However it said TBIT on flightaware for the flight (not T3). It says T3 for this avianca flight.
T3 is Delta's domestic terminal.

Avianca's check-in is at T3 but their flights operate from Bradley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.