Wiki Posts
Search

Stopover for one way?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Stopover for one way?

I booked an award ticket from A to B (+6 hrs) to C. However, I wanted to stop at B for an extra day. Is there anyway I could change B-C to the next day? I tried to search on lifemiles' portal but it seems they do not allow stopovers.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by AW123
I tried to search on lifemiles' portal but it seems they do not allow stopovers.
And so there's your answer
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Haha by any chance calling them works?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Haha by any chance calling them works?
The call centre offers you what they can see on line. Which is the same we can see on line. So unlikely they'll break the rules. You could do it by combining two awards.

Worth a try with the call centre just in case, but I wouldn't be holding out any hope.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks! Do you know how difficult to pick up my baggage at B? I could drop the trip from B to C but I have to get my baggage then.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Thanks! Do you know how difficult to pick up my baggage at B? I could drop the trip from B to C but I have to get my baggage then.
That could depend on a lot of things... the airlines involved, the countries involved, and any other operational issues. It may be that the airline doesn't allow the short-checking of bags (to the intermediate point), it may be that the country won't allow a passenger to enter for a short period of time, or it could be that on the day of travel the initial flight is delayed meaning you'd have no time to exit immigration and collect your bags (so the airline would argue it has to be through-checked). It could also be on the day of departure that if the initial flight is delayed or cancelled they just put you on an alternative route or non-stop direct to C.

Reasons for short-checking a bag might be that you have a parcel to deliver, or samples, or papers. But not all airlines allow it.

If you're willing to share details that might allow a more informed response (understandable if you don't, but I don't *think* LM monitors this forum).
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sent a PM
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unless you have an overnight layover, immigration controls to clear or a really good excuse, you aren't going to be allowed to short-check (or be able to access your luggage) on most airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.