Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Whose "Stock" are LM award tickets issued on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Sorry..I have searched using every phrase I can think of...and got nothing... Question is as title says... If one books using LM on , say, OZ... is the ticket an OZ one (988-XXXXXXX) or an AV one (134-XXXXX)

Feeling quite stupid to have to ask....but OZ has told me that for carriage of some special baggage "The Ticket must be issued on Asiana stock only"
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
A recently issued LM award ticket on a European *A airline has a ticket number that begins with 202, which means that it is on Avianca stock. The first three digits are 202, which used to be TACA but is now part of Avianca.
trooper likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by trooper
OZ has told me that for carriage of some special baggage "The Ticket must be issued on Asiana stock only"
Essentially, the services by Asiana that you need can only be provided if Asiana is the issuer of the ticket. Not a Star alliance partner like Avianca.
Further questions about this Asiana service that you look for should be refered to in the Asiana forum.

FYI, unless you are looking for a complimentary or discounted service, most Airlines (I wont say "ALL") will be happy to take your money and provide the service.

If you dont mind, what were you looking for with Asiana (when they gave you the OZ ticket stock only reply)?
trooper likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:16 am
Original Poster

I travel for Pistol shooting competitions... the email they sent me outlining what documentation was required to check in firearms included that statement about "Asiana stock".
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
I travel for Pistol shooting competitions... the email they sent me outlining what documentation was required to check in firearms included that statement about "Asiana stock".
if you don’t mind, who sent you the information?
Asiana? Or competition organizers?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:18 am

If you book online your tickets will be issued on 202. If you booked with more "advanced" methods it will be 134
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:37 am
Original Poster

The information was in an email from Asiana.....it listed all the (usual) documents one requires to travel with firearms BUT also stated the ticket must be "on Asiana stock".

I will call again...but suspect im out of luck on this one...
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Why don't you post the text of the email? I'm perplexed as to why your ticket would have to be on OZ's own stock in order for you to check a firearm. Is this a blanket requirement (the only passengers allowed to check firearms are those with tickets issued by OZ) or a requirement for something else (THIS procedure for checking firearms applies only to OZ-issued tickets, but there is ANOTHER procedure for holders of other airlines' tickets that include flights on OZ).
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
The information was in an email from Asiana.....it listed all the (usual) documents one requires to travel with firearms BUT also stated the ticket must be "on Asiana stock".

I will call again...but suspect im out of luck on this one...
Hopefully the issue here is that you must be flying OZ metal. Maybe OZ's statement it must be 'on OZ stock' is them trying to say you can't be on say an OZ codesahre (OZ flight operated by another airline), because different rules might apply.
trooper likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:15 am
Original Poster

That's all food for thought folks! Thankyou. Ive booked the flights because the redemption was available... (and can do this trip using firearms stored in the USA if I have to) Will call them on Monday and simply ask....
And will report back! (just in case the final resolution is of interest)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.