Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Best Bogota Lounge? (Flying Avianca Business But Have Priority Pass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:30 am
jbb
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold

I am flying Avianca in business class: JFK-BOG-LIM return with a 3+ hour layover on the return leg. This will be my first time flying through BOG airport. With my boarding pass, I know I'll have access to the Avianca Sala VIP, but with my priority pass I'll also be able to access the Latam lounge and the new Eldorado priority pass/pay lounge. Are there some consensus opinions on which lounge is preferred? I was planning on defaulting to the Avianca lounge since I'll have access to it with my business class boarding pass but then maybe lounge hopping and checking out the Latam lounge for a bit too.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Originally Posted by jbb
I am flying Avianca in business class: JFK-BOG-LIM return with a 3+ hour layover on the return leg. This will be my first time flying through BOG airport. With my boarding pass, I know I'll have access to the Avianca Sala VIP, but with my priority pass I'll also be able to access the Latam lounge and the new Eldorado priority pass/pay lounge. Are there some consensus opinions on which lounge is preferred? I was planning on defaulting to the Avianca lounge since I'll have access to it with my business class boarding pass but then maybe lounge hopping and checking out the Latam lounge for a bit too.
In general the Latam lounge is a lot better then the Avianca gold lounge. Especially because it is not that crowded. But you are flying AV in business class, so you have access to the AV diamond lounge which I think is equal to the Latam lounge. The new Eldorado lounge I don't know. In the AFKL thread there is a review that says that this new lounge isn't really good. I would use the AV diamond lounge. Only if the lounge is crowded I would go to the Latam lounge.
jbb likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:10 am
jbb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JorgeGomez
In general the Latam lounge is a lot better then the Avianca gold lounge. Especially because it is not that crowded. But you are flying AV in business class, so you have access to the AV diamond lounge which I think is equal to the Latam lounge. The new Eldorado lounge I don't know. In the AFKL thread there is a review that says that this new lounge isn't really good. I would use the AV diamond lounge. Only if the lounge is crowded I would go to the Latam lounge.
Thanks for the advice! I hadn't realised that there were two Avianca lounges ("Diamond" and "Gold"). This blog review which I just found also agrees that the AV Diamond Lounge and LATAM lounge are "comparable". https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....lounge-review/
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
LATAM lounge. Best shower suites and ok catering, especially wine-wise. Usually calm and a bit more sophisticated.
El Dorado lounge in second place but the design is a little awkward for actually finding a quiet spot to sit or work comfortably and the F&B experience is nothing memorable.
This is said as an AV Diamond member who only travels in Business Class with AV from BOG... so AV still have some work to do on their lounge products if I still use a Priority Pass card to avoid them...
jbb likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:56 pm
jbb
Original Poster

I never followed up on this, but in case anyone wanted to know, I ended up going to the Avianca Diamond lounge which I had access to with my Avianca business class boarding pass but it was packed with no seats available so we walked out and went to the LATAM lounge instead. It felt a bit odd foregoing the flagship lounge at an airline's main hub airport when flying business class and opting for their main competitor lounge with priority pass instead! I thought that the LATAM lounge had more chic decor and I was able to take a shower there too, so it seemed nicer than the Avianca one, in my opinion and a solid, nicely designed lounge altogether. I'm flying back through BOG in a few months on Avianca business class again and might take the opportunity to try the Eldorado lounge or I think I can even access the newish Copa Club with my priority pass.

Last edited by jbb; Jun 24, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:29 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
[QUOTE=jbb;31226459 Avianca Diamond lounge which I had access to with my Avianca business class boarding pass[/QUOTE]

Neither *alliance gold nor AV business class gets you into the Diamond lounge anymore as experienced by myself in February 2019. Only AV Diamond status holders get access. You must have traveled before. The Diamond lounge in BOG is quite small and the normal lounge a zoo.
Unionruler and jbb like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:33 am
jbb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by behuman
Neither *alliance gold nor AV business class gets you into the Diamond lounge anymore as experienced by myself in February 2019. Only AV Diamond status holders get access. You must have traveled before. The Diamond lounge in BOG is quite small and the normal lounge a zoo.
Interesting. So I will have access to the standard Avianca Sala VIP Lounge and as a Priority Pass holder: Copa Club, LATAM Lounge and El Dorado Lounge. Anyone have any suggestions on which is the best?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
COPA lounge is the nicest lounge of all of them.. Food selection isn't as grand as some of the others but nicest lounge IMO for the lounge itself is COPA. The only thing I don't like is how early they close.. 8PM
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by jbb
Interesting. So I will have access to the standard Avianca Sala VIP Lounge and as a Priority Pass holder: Copa Club, LATAM Lounge and El Dorado Lounge. Anyone have any suggestions on which is the best?
Went to AV lounge multiple times. Super crowded most times! Lounges in South America is mostly crowded as they partner with "premium" cards.
Definitely go to El Dorado. Is also crowded. Hot food selection is better. 2 free Alcohol. And extensive beer selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.