AV operated by Evelop/Wamos

Old Jan 23, 18, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
AV operated by Evelop/Wamos

As I couldn't find any information on the wet leases Avianca does with Evelop and Wamos on their Madrid-Cali/Medellín routes here's two photos from AV15 that I am on, it's operated by Evelop and today on EC-MII an A330
Emergency rows are 13 & 33, it has Personal VOD and those VOD boxes in every row in seats A, F, G & J

Last edited by johnmc; Jan 23, 18 at 8:35 am
Old Jan 28, 18, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, .7MM
How's the business class on these aircrafts? How's the service?
Old Feb 24, 18, 9:58 am

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....
Not all Evelop have VOD...

We flew CLO-MAD vv in late Dec / early Jan. It was all Y (no business class), and no VOD! On the positive side, the load was low so we got poor man's business class (whole row to lie down in).
Old Mar 5, 18, 10:57 am
jbb

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Elite Gold (*Gold), SPG Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Any photos of WAMOS business class on the A330?
Old Mar 5, 18, 12:31 pm

JFK/BOG was fine in Business. FA were incredibly attentive. Handed out ipads for movies and the selection was limited. Sorry no photos.
Old Mar 15, 18, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by mjmqm View Post
JFK/BOG was fine in Business. FA were incredibly attentive. Handed out ipads for movies and the selection was limited. Sorry no photos.
Were the seats lie-flat or angled?
Old Mar 15, 18, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by justchris82 View Post
Were the seats lie-flat or angled?
reasonably flat. No problem sleeping and I am 6'
Old May 6, 18, 8:11 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Here another report from AV op by WAMOS from user *Tirreg*:

The WAMOS Experience
wetrat0 likes this.
Old May 19, 18, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
Now, it looks like both the MDE-MAD rotation (AV16/17), as well as the CLO-MAD one (AV14/15) are operated by Evelop. The WAMOS birds apparently went to LA, which also replaces some of their 788 with them.

Regarding the Evelop planes operating for AV, it looks like the one operating from MDE seems to have flat bed business class. It's an ex-AirBerlin bird, so I guess it's their hard product (which is the former Etihad product).
Old Jul 11, 18, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/2MM, AS 75k, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Sorry if I hijack the thread a bit, but I had a question about a refund request on the WAMOS-operated flights between JFK-BOG. I had booked one in J, and received an email a few weeks before the flight notifying me that Avianca was not operating the flight and that I could request a refund. I did request a refund, in late April.

I can check the refund status on the Avianca website; the site shows my request as "PENDING TO AUTHORIZE" and apparently it has been in this state for about 50 days now (since May 2). I spoke with someone at the Avianca call center tonight and he tells me that refund requests might take as long as 90 days. I don't fly Avianca regularly, but this sounds really weird.

Is this typical for this airline?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: