Redeeming Amigo Points in English

Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald (AY Platinum), *A Gold (UA Premier Platinum), VS Silver, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Redeeming Amigo Points in English

I'm really struggling to redeem my points because staff from Avianca Brazil's Amigo call centre are telling me that nobody speaks English.

Has anyone had any luck connecting to an English speaking agent? I'm trying to redeem the points on NZ/TG flights so there is no way to book the itinerary online.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Have you tried the chat function on their website below?
https://www.pontosamigo.com.br/en/como-resgatar
or at the website below?
https://www.avianca.com.br/en/web/ho...o#fale-conosco
alternative is to call the Avianca Brazil US number and asked to be transferred to the Amigo award ticketing department.
another alternative is to find a friend who speaks Portuguese! good luck.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:26 pm

And I suspect they have a Spanish speaker - I assume yo have a friend who speaks it that can be conferecned in.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald (AY Platinum), *A Gold (UA Premier Platinum), VS Silver, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Many thanks for your ideas.

I had tried the Chat Function (wasn't working) and the US number just redirected to Brazil automatically. They kept giving me new numbers to try, each of which redirected back to the same person!

Finally managed to sort it all out via a helpful staff member on Twitter who arranged for a colleague to ring me directly.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
OK. drain your points/miles balance and wash your hands off this program. if you cant use it well, no point in banking miles/points there. imho.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
OK. drain your points/miles balance and wash your hands off this program. if you cant use it well, no point in banking miles/points there. imho.
Couldn't agree more - this is the first and last time I use them - far too much faff!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AE*E, Hyatt Diamond, AAdv, BA Exec
I had the same problem - had 40k miles and wanted to use 25k. called over and over and over and could not find an agent who spoke english. Then I asked a spanish speaking friend to help (via conference call) - that didn't work either - they wanted someone who spoke portugese. So I asked a portugese speaking colleague to help. The hold time and the ticketing process took over 80 minutes. I took her out for nice lunch. the savings of no fuel surcharge on AC more than paid for it!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by HKGtoLHR
I'm really struggling to redeem my points because staff from Avianca Brazil's Amigo call centre are telling me that nobody speaks English.

Has anyone had any luck connecting to an English speaking agent? I'm trying to redeem the points on NZ/TG flights so there is no way to book the itinerary online.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Why are you collecting miles / points in this program, if you don't speak portuguese? Status match?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Why are you collecting miles / points in this program, if you don't speak portuguese? Status match?
Exactly. Status matched ages ago - around the time when they joined Star. There weren't masses of miles on the card but thought may as well use them up before they expired.

It still hasn't ticketed properly but I've reached the stage where I've lost interest. If it works it works, if it doesn't just have to write it off as bad debt......
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Do they have an office in New York?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.