Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca A330 new business

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Avianca A330 new business

Does anyone know how they are progressing with changing these to the new business class (1-2-1)?

I've just booked for end of Dec, and it's the old 2-2-2.

Thanks!
Old May 22, 2017, 10:27 am

I am curious as well. They have swapped out the 787 Dreamliner for the A330 on all non-stop JFK-BOG flights. It appears these are still angled flat recliner seats.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyme2
I am curious as well. They have swapped out the 787 Dreamliner for the A330 on all non-stop JFK-BOG flights. It appears these are still angled flat recliner seats.
So would the 787's be back on the JFK - BOG route? Or the renovated A330's once it is done? Anyone know what is the schedule for the renovation of the Airbus A330's?

Thank you!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by zoonil
So would the 787's be back on the JFK - BOG route? Or the renovated A330's once it is done? Anyone know what is the schedule for the renovation of the Airbus A330's?

Thank you!
Anyone have any updates on this? Seems like there's no info on the AV A330 retrofit schedule at all!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Anyone have any updates on this? Seems like there's no info on the AV A330 retrofit schedule at all!
In latin america we don't know what "schedule" is... Just an example, some A320's still have the old 1997 Grupo Taca (red top, blue tail), and 2008 Taca (red tail, red parrot) liveries...
gimmedub and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Maybe someone that follows AV fleet can speak better, but I think I've read here sometime ago there were only two 330 with the new business class seats. What I can affirm is that one of them were sent to Avianca Brazil (O6) to operate from GRU on their new flight to JFK to start on December 15th. If there is really a second 330 with new C seat still with AV, I guess it would end up been sent to the Brazilian carrier as well.

This the fourth 330 for O6. Fortunately, all of them have the new seats on C. My guess is AV will keep their current 330 as they are today. Does anyone know if they still have more 787s to come?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
In latin america we don't know what "schedule" is... Just an example, some A320's still have the old 1997 Grupo Taca (red top, blue tail), and 2008 Taca (red tail, red parrot) liveries...
I guess they still have some Aerogal paintings in Ecuador as well? In a way, I think its nice to see these old schemes still flying.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:19 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was following the AV A330 seat news last year because I had BOG GRU and SCL BOG booked. It was my understanding that when they introduced the B787 the plan was to offer the 1-2-1 seating on the A330 too. As mentioned above there were a couple that were retrofitted and there was some fanfare on social media. I did not know that these A330s had gone to O6. Eventually it was my understanding that this plan to retrofit the1-2-1 seat into the A330 had been ditched for whatever reason so Avianca resigned itself to not having a common seat on its long range wide bodies.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:21 pm

I just booked tickets from JFK to BOG in early Nov. 2018.. and the A330 scheduled for the trip down has 4 seat across in Business- so unless it's an error it seems some of the A330'S with the new reverse Herringbone seats are making it on to the schedule
JohnnyColombia likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by CedarSwampThing
I just booked tickets from JFK to BOG in early Nov. 2018.. and the A330 scheduled for the trip down has 4 seat across in Business- so unless it's an error it seems some of the A330'S with the new reverse Herringbone seats are making it on to the schedule
I booked the same flight with Mrs CC as part of the JFK-BOG-EZE sub $1300 deal. On the outbound I chose our seats and they were 1-2-1 configuration. On the return leg a week later, the BOG-JFK A330 has the old 2-2-2 configuration. Maybe this will change before November ?

CC
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:51 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
I just booked a multi-city flight in business class on Avianca for September 2018: JFK-BOG-LIM; LIM-CUZ; CUZ-BOG-JFK. I'm on A330s for JFK-BOG, BOG-LIM and BOG-JFK. I can't see the seat map as I booked on Expedia (I couldn't figure out how to book a multi-city routing on the Avianca website). Anyways, it appears that I've been assigned 3D, 3E for JFK-BOG, 1A, 1C for BOG-LIM and 1D, 1E for BOG-JFK. According to seatguru, the old layout does not have "E" seats in business class, so this would suggest that I'm on the new 1-2-1 reverse herringbone A330 for at least the JFK-BOG and BOG-JFK flight.

(Separately, it was an amazing fare IMO. Total cost for the ticket was US$1,250/person)

Last edited by jbb; Feb 28, 2018 at 9:42 am
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by jbb
I just booked a multi-city flight in business class on Avianca for September 2018: JFK-BOG-LIM; LIM-CUZ; CUZ-BOG-JFK. I'm on A330s for JFK-BOG, BOG-LIM and BOG-JFK. I can't see the seat map as I booked on Expedia (I couldn't figure out how to book a multi-city routing on the Avianca website). Anyways, it appears that I've been assigned 3D, 3E for JFK-BOG, 1A, 1C for BOG-LIM and 1D, 1E for BOG-JFK. According to seatguru, the old layout does not have "E" seats in business class, so this would suggest that I'm on the new 1-2-1 reverse herringbone A330 for at least the JFK-BOG and BOG-JFK flight.

(Separately, it was an amazing fare IMO. Total cost for the ticket was US$1,250/person)
It could also suggest that these flights are being operated by Wamos air, as Avianca has been using over the last few weeks.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:00 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by justchris82
It could also suggest that these flights are being operated by Wamos air, as Avianca has been using over the last few weeks.
Are they still doing this? I thought it was just to cover the strike which now ended. Although Avianca sacked 44 pilots this week so maybe they are short again

Pilotos de Avianca Despedidos: A 44 se elevó el número de pilotos de Avianca despedidos por huelga | nacional | Caracol Radio
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:10 pm

Was just on Bog/JFK on WAMOS.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:23 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by mjmqm
Was just on Bog/JFK on WAMOS.
I really wish Avianca would update their website to give greater clarity on this situation. The only thing I could find was a press release from December stating that they'd be swapping out WAMOS and EVELOP aircraft but only on Madrid-Cali and Madrid-Medellin routes (AV014, 015, 016 and 017). No mention of using WAMOS on JFK-BOG. The only information on their widebody business class seats they have on their website are the new reverse herringbones on the A330's and 787s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.