Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca A330 new business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Angry

I booked the JFK-BOG and return specifically for the lie-flat seats. They sent an email earlier this week and a customer service rep informed me all former lie-flat flights to and from JFK will be operated by WAMOS and friends for the foreseeable future. With the number of concerned flyers not getting mileage credit, I decided to play it safe and take the earlier, ~1AM flight even though it's only a recliner. Had the option to cancel for a refund, but trip is completely planned out. Below is the email

"We appreciate your preference to fly with us and give us the opportunity to assist you flying from and to New York. We will like to inform you that due to adjustments on the itinerary, the flight AV21 on the route NEW YORK - BOGOTA schelduled on the XXXXXX will be operating by WAMOS a partner airline. To honor our commitment with our passengers, these adjustments are being made as part of the recovery and normalization process of the operation, after the ACDAC strike, associated to operational quality and crews.

This airline meets all safety standards and has undergone an exhaustive inspection by Avianca. However, regarding seat and aircraft comfort, the in-flight service and entertainment systems, there are some differences with our standards.

We are currently working so that the onboard experience in this aircraft is as similar as possible to what we offer on our flights. However, we suggest you consider the following recommendations:

· If possible, travel with a portable battery. Economy Class in some aircrafts does not have power outlets.

· Take a power adapter for the European system.

· Wamos Air has two applications (Wamos Air On Board and Wamos Air Entertainment), so you may enjoy movies, series, music or games during your flight. Download them before your flight as the internet connection at the airport may not be optimal. We will let you know which app to use according to the aircraft operating your flight at the boarding gate.

If you decide not to travel under these conditions and would like a refund, you can request it through our website or at travel agencies, if you purchased your ticket through this last channel, as long as your reservation or ticket has been issued before February 13, 2018.

Our commitment to our travelers is our top priority and we will continue doing all we can to meet scheduled itineraries safely. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we specially thank your understanding of this situation.

We wish you a pleasant trip.

Kind Regards,

Avianca Team

Originally Posted by jbb
I really wish Avianca would update their website to give greater clarity on this situation. The only thing I could find was a press release from December stating that they'd be swapping out WAMOS and EVELOP aircraft but only on Madrid-Cali and Madrid-Medellin routes (AV014, 015, 016 and 017). No mention of using WAMOS on JFK-BOG. The only information on their widebody business class seats they have on their website are the new reverse herringbones on the A330's and 787s.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:02 am

Based on the current schedule, AV21 is operated by WAMOS and AV245 by Avianca (A320) until about April 9. After that time they swap - at least that's what the current searches show (and based on this info I switched to AV21 to get the mileage credit).
I don't much care for who handles the flight - Avianca isn't some top tier airline. But I really wish they properly handled the mileage credit, since it's their fault that substitution occurred.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
I flew on WAMOS JFK-BOG on March 7. The reason for switch to WAMOS on JFK-BOG sector was weather related irregularities. I have to say, WAMOS is below standards vs. Avianca, even as Avianca is only so so when it comes to aircraft/food/crew service. I went JFK-BOG-LIM-SCL-LIM-SAL-JFK on Avianca ticket for this trip. Would personally not pay for Business on WAMOS, ever. It seems they are the go to replacement for IRROPS for budget airlines such as Norwegian, WOW and the like (and also it appears now on a more regular basis for Avianca). Just my 2 cents worth.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:39 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by spc354
I flew on WAMOS JFK-BOG on March 7. The reason for switch to WAMOS on JFK-BOG sector was weather related irregularities.
Not satisfied with providing a lower class of service than you paid for, they then lie to you about the reason for this. If it happens 9 days in a row then it is not a weather related irregularity

Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold/AF Flying Blue Platinum/ TK Miles and Smiles Elite
Not certainly a Business Class product operated by WAMOS. This Spanish Airline is commonly used by tour operators for flights to the Caribbean (PUJ/HAV etc) and is not up for a full regular airline service standard.

Get refunded in my opinion.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:13 pm

At least they have now posted this message on their front page: https://www.avianca.com/us/en/travel...id-or-new-york
Old May 23, 2018, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see LAX-BOG using 330s next year - are those new configs?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I understand that AV's 330 with old J has 5 rows of 6. But I have a BOGJFK flight with five rows of 6 with an additional two seats in the centre of row 6. Is that AV's own aircraft?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: One World, AmEx, Star Alliance
Question Lie flat in A330 next May?

I'm planning to book JFK-BOG-GYE in May departing after midnight and wonder whether anyone thinks the odds are good that the seats will be lie flat on the A330 leg. Google Flights indicates lie flat, Seat Guru indicates recliner and I cannot find any info on the AV site. (I know not to expect, or actually need, lie flat BOG to GYE.) Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited by malcolmnc; Aug 13, 2018 at 2:10 am
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:33 am

Most likely will still be the older angle-flat seat out of JFK- (reclines about 90% flat) if it's AV245 . They had put some of the newer fully-flat reverse herringbone A330 on the schedule at one point between JFK and BOG but they seem to have removed them
malcolmnc likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: One World, AmEx, Star Alliance
Thanks for that useful information. I've seen conflicting reports about AV. Since you probably know well, do you (or others) think it would be a mistake to take AV as some have indicated in the Forum. Indeed, it is AV245 with a connection that I'll miss if the flight is quite late. And that could mean missing my trip to Galapagos the next day. Other options are more expensive, less convenient, longer or all three--rather critical since we'll be heading from and to BKK. Yup, I'm a worrier.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:12 am

LAX-BOG on 330s

Originally Posted by azepine00
I see LAX-BOG using 330s next year - are those new configs?
I just saw that my flight in October this year is switched from a 787 to A330. Any idea if they are using the new configuration on this route?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Based on what other posters have said I would suggest t is very unlikely

I am flying the same route in November and the new 1-2-1 config I booked in January is long gone (changed config twice since then), along with losing my 787 connection to EZE (now also old 330)

You can check yourself by doing a dummy booking on the site and selecting seats to see the config.

Good luck - with Avianca, things can change at any time, so who knows...

CC
malcolmnc likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Based on what other posters have said I would suggest t is very unlikely

I am flying the same route in November and the new 1-2-1 config I booked in January is long gone (changed config twice since then), along with losing my 787 connection to EZE (now also old 330)

You can check yourself by doing a dummy booking on the site and selecting seats to see the config.

Good luck - with Avianca, things can change at any time, so who knows...

CC
Just received confirmation of Equipment Change on my EZE flight next July - from B787 lie-flats to A330 recliners! Yikes!
malcolmnc likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:56 am

I bought for the end of November 2 business class, and on the website it still shows the 2-2-2 configuration. All I want is not flying with samos tbh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.