Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Any experience with upgrades?

Am flying LAX-BOG on a weekday during Thanksgiving week in Y and am thinking about upgrading for the 787 segment since their 787 C seat looks really nice.

The lowest offer on Plusgrade is $235; I imagine this is not a popular time for business travellers to be flying so would this be sufficient for an upgrade? If I were to be upgraded, would I receive miles for business class or economy class?

It seems I can also upgrade for 25,000 LifeMiles. This would be guaranteed upgrade but requires I space (there is I space available on relevant flight right now). If I were to upgrade this way, would it be rebooked into I or would I still retain miles for my original economy class fare basis. I need the miles credited to a partner program to re qualify for *G so I don't want to go this route if I might have issues.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Lifetime Plat, AV Diamond
Miles are given as economy class. I've done this before - gave the lowest offer and both times it's cleared.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Mileage accrual at original ticket fare class regardless of upgrade instrument used. You might have to retro claim though.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Mileage accrual at original ticket fare class regardless of upgrade instrument used. You might have to retro claim though.
I credited miles to Turkish Airlines but didn't receive any for the upgraded segment.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:44 pm

Do you know how to go about claiming retroactive miles? I booked a ticket in "W" class and used Plusgrade to upgrade to "I" which yields no miles. I have tried crediting to Aegean, Luftansa, Air Canada, and Turkish Airlines and all of the airlines are rejecting the claim since "I" isn't an eligible class to earn miles.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by hoangtri1
Do you know how to go about claiming retroactive miles? I booked a ticket in "W" class and used Plusgrade to upgrade to "I" which yields no miles. I have tried crediting to Aegean, Luftansa, Air Canada, and Turkish Airlines and all of the airlines are rejecting the claim since "I" isn't an eligible class to earn miles.
I even tried to claim retroactively to Avianca Lifemiles but it's been more than a week and still no miles.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
when your booking was upgraded, your ticket was reissued (while PNR remained the same).
If you are trying to retroclaim using the new ticket number, it will not work.
try retroclaim using the original ticket number and see what happens (pretend that you did not even upgrade...). Works on Aegean, at least, for upgrades on Aegean, Ethiopian and Thai air (my experiences so far).
For avianca, call the call center and go to Lifemiles, then ask them how. Should be the typical email address
Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:14 pm

when your booking was upgraded, your ticket was reissued (while PNR remained the same).
If you are trying to retroclaim using the new ticket number, it will not work.
try retroclaim using the original ticket number and see what happens (pretend that you did not even upgrade...). Works on Aegean, at least, for upgrades on Aegean, Ethiopian and Thai air (my experiences so far).
For avianca, call the call center and go to Lifemiles, then ask them how. Should be the typical email address
Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

I tripled check but the Ticket number is the same (comparing original receipt versus boarding pass) as well as the PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.