Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class is Blocked!

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

I’m debating buying LM. Are they releasing any LH F from US-Europe? Or is ANA?
LH availability is only 2 weeks out. Not guaranteed, and definitely depends on routes. Look for something going to/via MUC instead of FRA for better availability. US east coast departure cities are more prone to release seats (PHL/JFK/EWR/BOS/IAD)
Old May 22, 2019, 6:04 pm

Just a side note... Flew LH F (revenue) for the first time beginning of this month (FRA-PEK)... boy what an underwhelming stiff, cold, impersonal lousy experience.

I'd take QR J any day!
Tokyoite likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:10 pm

Lufthansa to introduce dynamic pricing...burn those LM while you still can?

https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa...award-pricing/
Old May 24, 2019, 3:27 am

Lufthansa is not introducing anything.
You mean Miles & More and this company has nothing in common with Lifemiles. ;-)
mlqsko likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Lufthansa is not introducing anything.
You mean Miles & More and this company has nothing in common with Lifemiles. ;-)
Yes, but I find it hard to believe that such a move by LH will not impact LM redemption rates.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:38 am

UA has introduced dynamic pricing - which change did you see?
Old May 27, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Yes, but I find it hard to believe that such a move by LH will not impact LM redemption rates.
rarely is there a correlation within the alliance.
it is not like the US airlines copycat games (on the race to the bottom)!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
LH F blocked for FRA-PVG ... but I think all F is blocked. I can choose "Business of First" but it only ever shows "business on sale"
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by qasr
LH F blocked for FRA-PVG ... but I think all F is blocked. I can choose "Business of First" but it only ever shows "business on sale"
Actually, I can see TG F award space, so it might just be LH for now
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I am also having trouble with LH F. I see Chicago to Frankfurt on multiple flights at the end of this month with United and Aeroplan, but it shows up with zero on LM.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by flyingislove
I am also having trouble with LH F. I see Chicago to Frankfurt on multiple flights at the end of this month with United and Aeroplan, but it shows up with zero on LM.
I am consistently seeing last minute (24-48 hr) LH F availability BOS-FRA or BOS-FRA-FCO on United, but not on Avianca. 3-4 weeks ago I was seeing F availability on Avianca. Does Avianca see different *A inventory, or is it just a web site glitch? I don't really want to call up Avianca since I'm probably not going to purchase an award ticket, just doing research for a future trip.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
I am consistently seeing last minute (24-48 hr) LH F availability BOS-FRA or BOS-FRA-FCO on United, but not on Avianca. 3-4 weeks ago I was seeing F availability on Avianca. Does Avianca see different *A inventory, or is it just a web site glitch? I don't really want to call up Avianca since I'm probably not going to purchase an award ticket, just doing research for a future trip.
They see a different inventory, even in J, but from my experience fighting with this stup** system, inventory just seems to appear with a delay on Lifemiles with some flights. Usually after 48h I see a flight pop in United, I also see it on Avianca if it wasn't taken in the meantime... And at other times, inventory will appear at the same time as United.

This isn't really useful for last minute flights though...
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Mict
They see a different inventory, even in J, but from my experience fighting with this stup** system, inventory just seems to appear with a delay on Lifemiles with some flights. Usually after 48h I see a flight pop in United, I also see it on Avianca if it wasn't taken in the meantime... And at other times, inventory will appear at the same time as United.

This isn't really useful for last minute flights though...
That's awful because LH F space only opens up 48 hours out, so sometimes LH F is just not possible on Avianca? I purchased a bunch of miles, hopefully I can use them for something before they devalue or go belly up.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
That's awful because LH F space only opens up 48 hours out, so sometimes LH F is just not possible on Avianca? I purchased a bunch of miles, hopefully I can use them for something before they devalue or go belly up.
No LH F opens up to 15 days out.

And I see you are based in BOS, F avilability isn't that hard to find from the east coast, just look from all different cities (ORD,IAD,BOS,NYC,DTW,PHL) and you will probably find something.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Mict
No LH F opens up to 15 days out.

And I see you are based in BOS, F avilability isn't that hard to find from the east coast, just look from all different cities (ORD,IAD,BOS,NYC,DTW,PHL) and you will probably find something.
Yes it opens 15 days out, but on UA I see it only really becomes available 48-72 hours out (for BOS-FCO). As I type this though, I see 2 LH F seats on the 5:05PM one week from today on united.com, and nothing is available BOS-FCO on lifemiles.com, not even J. Even stranger, LM has availability on Monday July 1st, but UA does not! I swear I was seeing very similar availability UA vs LM a few weeks back.

Actually I find that BOS gets a fair amount of F inventory compared to other Eastern US locations. Just not on Avianca.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.