Lufthansa First Class is Blocked!

Old May 22, 19, 12:05 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A G, OW Saph.
Posts: 2,458
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post


Iím debating buying LM. Are they releasing any LH F from US-Europe? Or is ANA?
LH availability is only 2 weeks out. Not guaranteed, and definitely depends on routes. Look for something going to/via MUC instead of FRA for better availability. US east coast departure cities are more prone to release seats (PHL/JFK/EWR/BOS/IAD)
Tokyoite is online now  
Old May 22, 19, 6:04 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,135
Just a side note... Flew LH F (revenue) for the first time beginning of this month (FRA-PEK)... boy what an underwhelming stiff, cold, impersonal lousy experience.

I'd take QR J any day!
Tokyoite likes this.
mlqsko is offline  
Old May 23, 19, 2:10 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,601
Lufthansa to introduce dynamic pricing...burn those LM while you still can?

https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa...award-pricing/
iluvdoco is offline  
Old May 24, 19, 3:27 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 250
Lufthansa is not introducing anything.
You mean Miles & More and this company has nothing in common with Lifemiles. ;-)
mlqsko likes this.
MultiFlyer is offline  
Old May 24, 19, 10:55 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,601
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer View Post
Lufthansa is not introducing anything.
You mean Miles & More and this company has nothing in common with Lifemiles. ;-)
Yes, but I find it hard to believe that such a move by LH will not impact LM redemption rates.
iluvdoco is offline  
Old May 27, 19, 1:38 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 250
UA has introduced dynamic pricing - which change did you see?
MultiFlyer is offline  
Old May 27, 19, 4:02 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A G, OW Saph.
Posts: 2,458
Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
Yes, but I find it hard to believe that such a move by LH will not impact LM redemption rates.
rarely is there a correlation within the alliance.
it is not like the US airlines copycat games (on the race to the bottom)!
Tokyoite is online now  
Old Jun 10, 19, 7:39 pm
  #83  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: Nah.
Posts: 13,888
LH F blocked for FRA-PVG ... but I think all F is blocked. I can choose "Business of First" but it only ever shows "business on sale"
qasr is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 3:57 pm
  #84  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: Nah.
Posts: 13,888
Originally Posted by qasr View Post
LH F blocked for FRA-PVG ... but I think all F is blocked. I can choose "Business of First" but it only ever shows "business on sale"
Actually, I can see TG F award space, so it might just be LH for now
qasr is offline  
Old Jun 16, 19, 5:53 am
  #85  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 211
I am also having trouble with LH F. I see Chicago to Frankfurt on multiple flights at the end of this month with United and Aeroplan, but it shows up with zero on LM.
flyingislove is offline  
Old Jun 21, 19, 8:28 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BOS
Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Posts: 193
Originally Posted by flyingislove View Post
I am also having trouble with LH F. I see Chicago to Frankfurt on multiple flights at the end of this month with United and Aeroplan, but it shows up with zero on LM.
I am consistently seeing last minute (24-48 hr) LH F availability BOS-FRA or BOS-FRA-FCO on United, but not on Avianca. 3-4 weeks ago I was seeing F availability on Avianca. Does Avianca see different *A inventory, or is it just a web site glitch? I don't really want to call up Avianca since I'm probably not going to purchase an award ticket, just doing research for a future trip.
joachimm is offline  
Old Jun 23, 19, 3:20 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SFO, BRU, ADB
Programs: TK Elite, BA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 600
Originally Posted by joachimm View Post
I am consistently seeing last minute (24-48 hr) LH F availability BOS-FRA or BOS-FRA-FCO on United, but not on Avianca. 3-4 weeks ago I was seeing F availability on Avianca. Does Avianca see different *A inventory, or is it just a web site glitch? I don't really want to call up Avianca since I'm probably not going to purchase an award ticket, just doing research for a future trip.
They see a different inventory, even in J, but from my experience fighting with this stup** system, inventory just seems to appear with a delay on Lifemiles with some flights. Usually after 48h I see a flight pop in United, I also see it on Avianca if it wasn't taken in the meantime... And at other times, inventory will appear at the same time as United.

This isn't really useful for last minute flights though...
Mict is offline  
Old Jun 23, 19, 4:23 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BOS
Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Posts: 193
Originally Posted by Mict View Post
They see a different inventory, even in J, but from my experience fighting with this stup** system, inventory just seems to appear with a delay on Lifemiles with some flights. Usually after 48h I see a flight pop in United, I also see it on Avianca if it wasn't taken in the meantime... And at other times, inventory will appear at the same time as United.

This isn't really useful for last minute flights though...
That's awful because LH F space only opens up 48 hours out, so sometimes LH F is just not possible on Avianca? I purchased a bunch of miles, hopefully I can use them for something before they devalue or go belly up.
joachimm is offline  
Old Jun 23, 19, 4:52 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SFO, BRU, ADB
Programs: TK Elite, BA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 600
Originally Posted by joachimm View Post
That's awful because LH F space only opens up 48 hours out, so sometimes LH F is just not possible on Avianca? I purchased a bunch of miles, hopefully I can use them for something before they devalue or go belly up.
No LH F opens up to 15 days out.

And I see you are based in BOS, F avilability isn't that hard to find from the east coast, just look from all different cities (ORD,IAD,BOS,NYC,DTW,PHL) and you will probably find something.
Mict is offline  
Old Jun 23, 19, 5:32 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BOS
Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Posts: 193
Originally Posted by Mict View Post
No LH F opens up to 15 days out.

And I see you are based in BOS, F avilability isn't that hard to find from the east coast, just look from all different cities (ORD,IAD,BOS,NYC,DTW,PHL) and you will probably find something.
Yes it opens 15 days out, but on UA I see it only really becomes available 48-72 hours out (for BOS-FCO). As I type this though, I see 2 LH F seats on the 5:05PM one week from today on united.com, and nothing is available BOS-FCO on lifemiles.com, not even J. Even stranger, LM has availability on Monday July 1st, but UA does not! I swear I was seeing very similar availability UA vs LM a few weeks back.

Actually I find that BOS gets a fair amount of F inventory compared to other Eastern US locations. Just not on Avianca.
joachimm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread