Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class is Blocked!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I can see LH F and J award seats on the CPT/MUC route on the UA, AC and NH web sites - but zilch on Lifemiles.
I've definitely seen F award seats on this route in the past. Another casualty of ongoing "enhancements"?
As shown in the immediate preceding post, patience, flexibility, multiple searches with various parameters (departure time, EU departure point) are required. If you cant get direct, adjust your departure city to somewhere else near and try. Keep digging!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
As shown in the immediate preceding post, patience, flexibility, multiple searches with various parameters (departure time, EU departure point) are required. If you cant get direct, adjust your departure city to somewhere else near and try. Keep digging!
No doubt true. But sadly MUC (or FRA) is a very considerable distance far from my departure point - which, I thought I had mentioned, is CPT.

And just to be clear, my goal is not to score any LH F award available within a x mile radius for the sake of travelling on LH in F. I just want to be able to book the same award seats that numerous other FFPs within *A can access. With Lifemiles that is apparently too much to ask.

Guess I'll just have to throw myself on the tender mercies of OW and slum it in BA F. Far from ideal, I know - but in the circumstances what can one do?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
LH don't fly F to/from CPT though?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Guvner067
LH don't fly F to/from CPT though?
They do - CPT/MUC using an A346. It's seasonal though. The economy awards on this flight do show on Lifemiles.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
No doubt true. But sadly MUC (or FRA) is a very considerable distance far from my departure point - which, I thought I had mentioned, is CPT.
then adjust your arrival point and try! e.g. txl or ham...you never know what married segment logic might be in play.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:14 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Please note two threads on the same subject have been merged, for housekeeping and indexing purposes. Consequently some subjects discussed may look slightly out of place time-wise.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
then adjust your arrival point and try! e.g. txl or ham...you never know what married segment logic might be in play.
Thanks. My objective was CPT/LHR. I did a fair bit of mucking about with the options and at one stage got shown a routing with 4 legs including F on the JNB/FRA leg.

But the point of my original post was not to say there is never F available on any LH flights to/from ZA. It was to point out that a route that:
a) previously showed F availability on Lifemiles and
b) currently shows F availability on the search engines of UA, AC and NH (inside the 14 day window),
now never shows F availability.

When you talk about the married segment logic I take it you are implying that Lifemiles applies a logic different from that applied by the other FFPs - otherwise how would that explain the different availability on Lifemiles vs. the othe three?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
is LH F availability using LM different than using UA?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
is LH F availability using LM different than using UA?
Most definitely.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Most definitely.
hmm. Yet the bloggers pimp the LM mile sales endlessly
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
hmm. Yet the bloggers pimp the LM mile sales endlessly
If your tolerance for BS is low, you'd be better off looking elsewhere than LM. Their phone agents are useless for anything other than canceling a ticket. Their website is unpredictable and sometimes doesn't work. They block award space until practically the last-minute for any award ticket that is going to cost them more to book on the back-end. And, everything with a complex booking via e-mail is a "YMMV experience".

That said, just recall that I prefaced what I said with "If your tolerance for BS is low". There are some benefits that obviously warrant them to be considered a viable option. You just have to be EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE and concede that there will be bookings that you could easily make with UA that you will not be able to make easily or at all with LM.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my tolerance for BS is low enough that I couldn't deal with KE's phone booking process for partner/skyteam awards (prior to their recent roll out of online booking).
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
mechanics of booking

I have a general question about booking. I've never booked with LM before. If this is already answered in another thread, please point me to it.

I see LH F award availability on Jan 24, FRA>IAD. I need to go MAD>FRA, and then FRA>IAD. When I search for MAD>IAD, it gives me Avianca through BOG. Not interested in that.

Question: How do I actually get it to show me MAD>FRA>IAD so I can book it online? Or do I have to phone for this?

Thank you.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Matthew_DC
I have a general question about booking. I've never booked with LM before. If this is already answered in another thread, please point me to it.

I see LH F award availability on Jan 24, FRA>IAD. I need to go MAD>FRA, and then FRA>IAD. When I search for MAD>IAD, it gives me Avianca through BOG. Not interested in that.

Question: How do I actually get it to show me MAD>FRA>IAD so I can book it online? Or do I have to phone for this?

Thank you.
Send screenshots of the flights available + phone number + scan of passport to [email protected] with CC: [email protected]

If your itinerary qualifies (eg. no stopovers/extreme layovers), they'll book it for you and ask to call them to make the payment... or they may call.

Sometimes they respond within hours.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Matthew_DC
Question: How do I actually get it to show me MAD>FRA>IAD so I can book it online? Or do I have to phone for this? Thank you.
1. screenshot mehod + patience + luck
2. LCC + LH award
3. tinker with departure time
the rest of the underhanded options.....not safe for public exposure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.