Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:33 pm

Ugh! I stated my income as $32K to try to get a low credit limit, and they approved me instantly with a $50K line. Hopefully they'll let me quickly lower it to a tenth of that.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by joer1212
It's a nightmare trying to get approved for the Avianca Vuela card. The website is very glitchy, and they ask ridiculous questions in order to verify your identity (e.g. "what year was your house built?" Who the hell would know this?? It's not even my house!). As a result, I ended up answering "wrong" on the application/identity questionnaire, so now, Popular bank requires proof of my residence.

That's what I was told when I called them twice today to check the status of my application. Both reps said I am approved, but I have to submit a phone or electric bill with my name on it, in addition to my Social Security card.
But, the issue is that I live in my father's 2-family house, and the electric bill is under his name. I pay him cash (I even checked the "I live with family" box on their application, so, of all people, they should understand this situation the most). I also don't get a paper phone bill, as I only have a cell phone, and my payments are automatically deducted from my credit card online.
When I asked if some other form of documentation was acceptable, they said no. So, I have no proof to provide them.

When I requested a link to upload my documents (should I somehow manage to turn up something that will satisfy them), I was given Banco Popular's website address. Sigh, I mean, c'mon, I needed them to tell me this? It was obvious these reps had no interest in actually assisting their customers, and wanted to get rid of them quickly to go on their breaks.

This bank is really in over their heads. Such a shame that someone with my credit is going to have to forfeit 60k miles because of a technicality. What's even worse is that I will probably never attempt to apply for a Banco Popular credit card again. Not after what they put me through. I've never had to go to such lengths for a credit card. I felt as though I was applying for a mortgage-- a mortgage that I ended up not being able to get.
Same here. Got declined on a technicality with 800+ credit scores, never being denied in the past, etc.

Amazing to me that multiple people are considering trying to game the system and avoid the annual fee and keep the points. Be thankful you got nearly free points and move on.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by jiaogulan

Amazing to me that multiple people are considering trying to game the system and avoid the annual fee and keep the points. Be thankful you got nearly free points and move on.
As Al Jolson said "You ain't seen nothing yet."

Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
As Al Jolson said "You ain't seen nothing yet."

Welcome to Flyertalk.
I knew this wasn't the International Symposium for Evolved Ethics when I saw people were bragging about churning and burning through 8+ Alaskan cards
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: American, British, Delta
Avianca Life Miles Bonus with Visa card

I am interested in the 60K mile bonus for joining the lifemiles visa, I have been sent the offer twice but cant take advantage as it is not valid in Maryland where I live. I wonder , could I use a friend's address in a different state with all my correct other info, then when they get my card, I will arrange everything paperless so the address means nothing. Can I do this or would it fail to work, thanks
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Just got approved for this let's see what happens
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So applied for and received the card in February, made my purchase (for 106$ at Target in the US) and paid the annual fee. So far only 106 miles/points credited in May. When/where do I ask for the 60k?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Tried to make my first purchase today and it didn't work, called and said my account was under investigation??? I asked for what the guy said sorry can't help you wait for a letter in the mail
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:08 pm

This bank is so screwed up that I'm fairly sure churning this card could be successful but the hassles with both this bank and Avianca itself can deter even the most hardest core churner.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
So applied for and received the card in February, made my purchase (for 106$ at Target in the US) and paid the annual fee. So far only 106 miles/points credited in May. When/where do I ask for the 60k?
Update: asked LM, they said go to the bank.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:30 am

Happy to report 60,004 miles posted with the first statement after one small purchase. No issues whatsoever.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:22 am

Still haven't been able to use the card after several weeks. They wouldn't tell me why and finally after several weeks of calls they said they need proof of address documents. I sent them in and now they say it will be another 10 days to verify them. UGH! I don't recommend this card for anyone unless they have totally run out of cards to get and/or have a lot of patience to deal with this bank.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Both I and the Mrs got the card a few months back. Both application were approved automatically, made a small purchase on the cards and miles posted with the first statement.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:09 am

For those who applied the Avianca Vuela card recently (and/or received the sign-up bonus miles already)

-what date did you apply?
-what date did you get approved?
-does the AVSPWE code still work in getting the 60K offer? not sure if code has expired , or still valid in securing the 60K offer or not?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
For those who applied the Avianca Vuela card recently (and/or received the sign-up bonus miles already)

-what date did you apply?
-what date did you get approved?
-does the AVSPWE code still work in getting the 60K offer? not sure if code has expired , or still valid in securing the 60K offer or not?
Applied on June 12 with the promo code, approved instantly. Received the 60K bonus on July 15, same day as the second statement. The first statement closed on June 16 before I even got the card, and had just the annual fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.