New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Only seeing a 40,000 LifeMiles offer after first card use on the $149 fee, and a 20,000 offer on the $59 annual fee. What am I missing?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:27 am

I just applied and was insta-denied, which is surprising. Looks like they pulled both Equifax and Transunion (perhaps Experian too - I'm going by Credit Karma). My scores are fine so I wonder if it's a too many inquiries thing. Lame.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: most of them
I believe I saw a TransUnion note on my credit monitor.

I think as long as you included the promo code on your application you're supposed to end up with the 60K miles.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich
I just applied and was insta-denied, which is surprising. Looks like they pulled both Equifax and Transunion (perhaps Experian too - I'm going by Credit Karma). My scores are fine so I wonder if it's a too many inquiries thing. Lame.
Ok, I called customer service. They took my information down and said they would call me back, which they did in a few hours. I was declined for some "unable to verify security" reason (and indeed the application tried to load a security screen and then did not when I applied). I reapplied over the phone (hopefully combining inquiries...)...and then she asked if I had any credit history at all...apparently nothing was coming up on their end (even though I see the correct inquiry at Credit Karma) which was the original problem.

The agent seemed confused and said they will follow up and that maybe it's an error on their end. They said they would call me back in 24-48 hours...

What a mess.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Only seeing a 40,000 LifeMiles offer after first card use on the $149 fee, and a 20,000 offer on the $59 annual fee. What am I missing?
Whhoops, figured it out
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Ok, I called customer service. They took my information down and said they would call me back, which they did in a few hours. I was declined for some "unable to verify security" reason (and indeed the application tried to load a security screen and then did not when I applied). I reapplied over the phone (hopefully combining inquiries...)...and then she asked if I had any credit history at all...apparently nothing was coming up on their end (even though I see the correct inquiry at Credit Karma) which was the original problem.

The agent seemed confused and said they will follow up and that maybe it's an error on their end. They said they would call me back in 24-48 hours...

What a mess.
And...declined again - "unable to verify." Now I feel like I need to argue to get the inquiry removed.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
i got approved instantly for 25k cl....they pulled both Transunion and Equifax on me.
my wife got instantly declined due to "unable to verify"...they also pulled TU and Equifax on her.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I was just declined. Previously had no idea what that felt like.

"Ain't nobody got time for that."
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Whhoops, figured it out
What is the answer, do you get the 60K if you use the code?
Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by himself
What is the answer, do you get the 60K if you use the code?
Thanks
Yes, have to use the code I think!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:43 pm

applied for my wife . Put 35k income . Insta-approved with 25k cl . This bank is rich .
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gm9928
Same here! I also mentioned to them that Maryland wasn't listed.
D.C. Is stilll not listed, but now Maryland is specifically listed as the only state where the card isn't offered . Any ideas why? Csr was clueless.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Is it better to join life miles and then apply? It is it easier and just as good to apply leaving the member number blank (assuming that they will give you a member number)?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:52 am

I received the PIN letter for the approved LM card yesterday.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Is it better to join life miles and then apply? It is it easier and just as good to apply leaving the member number blank (assuming that they will give you a member number)?
the application didn't take the LM member ID, so I had to leave it blank to submit my application

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.