Connection in LIM

Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Connection in LIM

Hi Everyone, my first post!

I'll be arriving at Lima from Rio on flight AV6648, scheduled to land at 9:15am. I have a connecting flight(AV320) from Lima to Cuzco scheduled to depart at 10:50am. I believe I'll need to go through immirgration, collect my checked luggage and clear customs at Lima, then check in at the land side for my onward flight to Cuzco. If so, would I have enough time for the connection?

These were booked as one ticket through Avianca, they keep telling me that my hold luggage will check through to Cuzco from Rio, but other posts here seems to suggest this is not true

Can anyone shed some light on this?

The first flight is operated by TACA International, second is by Avianca(LACSA).
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Yes you need to clear immigration and collect luggage. You actually have to go outside, walk along the building and back into the domestic check in hall.

Timing should be fine, it's not huge, if any problem they'll just put you on the next flight.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:39 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Welcome to FT

It is feasible that your luggage could be checked through to Cusco because CUZ is an international airport. These things change from time to time, a couple of years ago such a change took place in Colombia.

If your baggage tag says it is checked through to CUZ from Rio then I would not waste too much time hanging around for it at the belt before speaking to a baggage agent.

Of course you will still have to clear immigration in LIM because by the time you arrive in CUZ you will be mixed in with all the domestic pax.

I personally think LIM sucks and this is a tight connection but as ajeleonard says, you are on a single ticket so they will just put you on the next flight.

Happy travels.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks ajeleonard and JohnnyColombia. Hopefully I'll make the connection, their next flight to CUZ is 4 hours later, also risk that being full...
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Another CUZ question.

Flying CUZ-LIM-MIA, there's 1 connection in the morning leaving 7:22 am (AV838), with connection time of 1:05 to MIA (AV962) at LIM. While this is 1 PNR with protected connection, how likely/often is AV838 delayed?

Dilemma, I absolutely have to be in MIA next day, if I miss AV962, the alternative would cause significant delay. Will it be more sensible to fly out of CUZ the day before and overnight in LIM?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.