Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

How to cancel one passenger's travel on joint PNR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:02 pm
yrs
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP

Hi,

I searched but was not able to find a solution to my problem.

My situation is that I have a reservation for two people on an itinerary (single PNR). These were purchased using cash + miles. I am now unable to travel due to office commitments.

Is it possible to cancel just my trip, and allow the other passenger to continue with the journey? if so, could someone please tell me how?

I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

YRS
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:28 pm

When you try to cancel tickets they are actually processed one at a time (you pay $50 per ticket) ... It should be absolutely not problem to cancel just one of the two tickets. Just call the Avianca call-center and say you wish to cancel a reservation, then explain you wish to cancel only one out of the two passengers.

btw, you'll get a refund all in miles, i.e. no cash (apart from taxes)
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
It's called: pick up the phone and call them.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:44 pm
yrs
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scibuff
When you try to cancel tickets they are actually processed one at a time (you pay $50 per ticket) ... It should be absolutely not problem to cancel just one of the two tickets. Just call the Avianca call-center and say you wish to cancel a reservation, then explain you wish to cancel only one out of the two passengers.

btw, you'll get a refund all in miles, i.e. no cash (apart from taxes)
Thank you, scibuff,

Your response is very helpful and reassuring. I was worried that the entire PNR would have to be cancelled, thereby inconveniecing the other passenger. But this really helps. I will call the call center now.

yrs
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:46 pm
yrs
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
It's called: pick up the phone and call them.
Aussie_flyer,

I do not mind calling them. I was just unsure of the process. I will call the call center now. Thank you for your inputs. I appreciate your response and help.

yrs
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:08 am

Just be very careful and explain exactly what you want. There were reports on a few occasions when people got entire reservations cancelled instead of single pax. Make sure the agent understands your request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.