Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles allowing mixed cabin redemptions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Is this an anomaly or the new LM?

http://on.fb.me/1V7mhXs
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
It's new. I've just performed some random date searches on different routes and it's appearing everywhere.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:26 pm

Ooh. I'm sure many will like this. And many, like me, will hate it. I have no intention of flying Y on any length leg. Now the calendar shows availability on every day of the week, whereas before it had maybe one day a week. I have to click into each day to see what's actually in it. Wish they'd put a checkbox on the search page to indicate whether or not to show mixed cabins. I know, I know, first-world problem and I'm spoiled.

I suppose it can be real advantageous in specific circumstances...

Last edited by Maayan; Jan 19, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:36 pm

There's also a new link "Mostar más fechas" (in Spanish on the English page...) that simply returns to the calendar - which you could do anyway by clicking the Back button. Would be nice if it went directly to the next day with availability.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:03 pm

Oh boy.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Yes it's wonderful... except it's become a bit like the dreadful Qantas award search engine, which returns hundreds of results fo every day like:

Business class fare search:
BNE-SYD-LAX is available*
* Your flight from SYD to LAX will be in economy
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:31 am

This is terrible! Routes that were previously first class only are now getting padded with economy segments.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:32 pm

Cmon the only downside is that you have to search a bit longer but other than that this doesnt take away anything but adds a lot more
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Great news!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
This is terrible! Routes that were previously first class only are now getting padded with economy segments.
As I mentioned in another thread, may be you can force premium cabins into the itinerary by using the screenshot method?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
As I mentioned in another thread, may be you can force premium cabins into the itinerary by using the screenshot method?
What might that be?

I just noticed this change (mixed cabins). On some routes, it's proposing economy on shorter connecting flights to the main transcontinental leg, and so there's now more availability. However, I won't be paying a Business fare and have economy on the longest segment!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Has anyone tried to do a screenshot booking after the website enhancement (about 2 weeks ago)? Am wondering whether they still allow bookings via screenshot method?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Has anyone tried to do a screenshot booking after the website enhancement (about 2 weeks ago)? Am wondering whether they still allow bookings via screenshot method?
According a german Forum it is still possible now.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Originally Posted by wtcmor
What exactly is this "screenshot method" ?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by gashwingomes
What exactly is this "screenshot method" ?
Make a screenshot of flight X and then Y, if they don't show up together and email them to book it. They call back to arrange the payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.