FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   Lifemiles allowing mixed cabin redemptions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1740358-lifemiles-allowing-mixed-cabin-redemptions.html)

RewardFlyer Jan 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Lifemiles allowing mixed cabin redemptions?

Is this an anomaly or the new LM?

http://on.fb.me/1V7mhXs

Guvner067 Jan 19, 2016 9:57 pm

It's new. I've just performed some random date searches on different routes and it's appearing everywhere.

Maayan Jan 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Ooh. I'm sure many will like this. And many, like me, will hate it. I have no intention of flying Y on any length leg. Now the calendar shows availability on every day of the week, whereas before it had maybe one day a week. I have to click into each day to see what's actually in it. Wish they'd put a checkbox on the search page to indicate whether or not to show mixed cabins. I know, I know, first-world problem and I'm spoiled. :rolleyes:

I suppose it can be real advantageous in specific circumstances...

Maayan Jan 19, 2016 10:36 pm

There's also a new link "Mostar más fechas" (in Spanish on the English page...) that simply returns to the calendar - which you could do anyway by clicking the Back button. Would be nice if it went directly to the next day with availability.

mlqsko Jan 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Oh boy.

harryhv Jan 20, 2016 3:59 am

Yes it's wonderful... except it's become a bit like the dreadful Qantas award search engine, which returns hundreds of results fo every day like:

Business class fare search:
BNE-SYD-LAX is available*
* Your flight from SYD to LAX will be in economy

iluvdoco Jan 20, 2016 8:31 am

This is terrible! Routes that were previously first class only are now getting padded with economy segments.

scibuff Jan 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Cmon the only downside is that you have to search a bit longer but other than that this doesnt take away anything but adds a lot more

justforfun Jan 24, 2016 8:40 am

Great news!

SingaporeDon Jan 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco (Post 26049274)
This is terrible! Routes that were previously first class only are now getting padded with economy segments.

As I mentioned in another thread, may be you can force premium cabins into the itinerary by using the screenshot method?

gashwingomes Feb 3, 2016 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 26074770)
As I mentioned in another thread, may be you can force premium cabins into the itinerary by using the screenshot method?

What might that be?

I just noticed this change (mixed cabins). On some routes, it's proposing economy on shorter connecting flights to the main transcontinental leg, and so there's now more availability. However, I won't be paying a Business fare and have economy on the longest segment!

wtcmor Feb 6, 2016 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 26074770)

Has anyone tried to do a screenshot booking after the website enhancement (about 2 weeks ago)? Am wondering whether they still allow bookings via screenshot method?

Air Rarotonga Feb 7, 2016 4:32 am

Originally Posted by wtcmor (Post 26145682)
Has anyone tried to do a screenshot booking after the website enhancement (about 2 weeks ago)? Am wondering whether they still allow bookings via screenshot method?

According a german Forum it is still possible now.

gashwingomes Feb 10, 2016 3:53 am

Originally Posted by wtcmor (Post 26145682)

What exactly is this "screenshot method" ?

mlqsko Feb 10, 2016 4:13 am

Originally Posted by gashwingomes (Post 26161422)
What exactly is this "screenshot method" ?

Make a screenshot of flight X and then Y, if they don't show up together and email them to book it. They call back to arrange the payment.