Wiki Posts
Search

Avainca / Taca Long Layover in Lima

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Avainca / Taca Long Layover in Lima

Hi flyertalk. Very sadly me and my wife are flying from EZE to Mia tommorow with a layover in Lima. We have a few questions:

1. The flight is booked with Avainca but the airline is called like "Transamerica Airlines". Do I still check in with Avaince in EZE?

2. We have a layover that is like 16 hours and will be heading into Lima to spend the night in a hotel, and get dinner. Will our luggage stay checked in or do we need to pick it up in Lima?

3. If we leave bags at airport do we need to worry about thief? During our layover in Bogata our camera disappeared from our bag (by the way, any point to complain about this to Avainca, we had a 1 hour layover turn into a 6 hour layover, long story).

4. We're staying in Miraflores for some reason. How much would you expect a cab to cost? Do we need to negotiate with the taxi beforehand or just meter it. I take it we'll need to pick up some Sols at the airport.

5. Will we need to pay the departure tax?

thanks everyone
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
One other question, how is the J-seats on the A321? We're taking that from EZE to Lima. It sounds like a long flight, is there entertainment? I take it the seat will be like a US domestic first class seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.