Avianca Amigo membership

Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
No soft landing here either: Diamond>Bronze for myself, and Gold>Bronze for my wife. Hadn't flown them, but I had credited a few *A flights. Shame but not unexpected.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by mzb00
No soft landing here either: Diamond>Bronze for myself, and Gold>Bronze for my wife. Hadn't flown them, but I had credited a few *A flights. Shame but not unexpected.
Are you both based in Brazil? Do these account have a CPF linked to them? I trying to follow this and you would be the first example (over 30) in such case that were not soft landed.

Last edited by AlexMC; Aug 2, 2017 at 5:30 am
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: QF Plat/OWE, HH ♦, IHG ♦ AMB, ALL Plat, GHA Ti, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by AlexMC
Definitely not the standard for Brazilian costumers, maybe for those from other countries. I've checked more than 10 people here, everyone was soft landed.
Ok, I'm not based in Brazil. I'm based in Australia...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Snacky

6.5 says the following:
"6.5. As of March 31 of 2017, annually on the same date, a reassessment of the Card Category attributed to the Amigo Member at that time, considering the Qualifiable Points and the segments flown earned in the previous calendar year, from January 01 to December 31 ("Calendar Year"), when then the Card Category downgrade or renewal can occur, i.e., following the criteria established on Clause 6.2. above, the Amigo Member can have its Card Category kept or be reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time."

Well, in 6.5, the phrase "reclassified to the immediately inferior category" is nowhere to be found. In fact, it says "reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time". 6.5 further then refers to the qualification criteria in 6.2, which solely indicates that the actitivity in the previous year determines the new tier, which would mean a downgrade to, as I understand it, the tier matching your actual activity, independent of your previous tier.

Snacky
Quoting myself, I knew there was a chance for a complete and utter slashing of ones status, as there was no real promise of a soft landing scheme in the T&C.

This is really too bad (at least on my part), but not entirely unexpected.

Snacky
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by danger
I have, along with a copy of the email response I got from them back in March saying I would be downgraded to Gold. But I'm not hopeful.
Please report back of the outcome, as it might help others if your status is reinstated based on O6 actually honoring such a promise.

Snacky
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Based on the situation of late, are any other *Alliance Carriers Matching to Gold that you know of? Thanks and Safe Travels..
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:35 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
From Diamond to Bronze. Interesting was that in May the system showed me Gold for some days and after that Diamond again with exp date 31/03/2017. Even managed to do screenshot with Gold status.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Are you both based in Brazil? Do these account have a CPF linked to them? I trying to follow this and you would be the first example (over 30) in such case that were not soft landed.
Yes both based in Brazil currently, but don't recall adding a CPF (don't currently see it on the account). The account was opened when we were still living in the UK and that's when we status matched.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
6.5 says the following:

"6.5. As of March 31 of 2017, annually on the same date, a reassessment of the Card Category attributed to the Amigo Member at that time, considering the Qualifiable Points and the segments flown earned in the previous calendar year, from January 01 to December 31 ("Calendar Year"), when then the Card Category downgrade or renewal can occur, i.e., following the criteria established on Clause 6.2. above, the Amigo Member can have its Card Category kept or be reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time."

Well, in 6.5, the phrase "reclassified to the immediately inferior category" is nowhere to be found. In fact, it says "reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time". 6.5 further then refers to the qualification criteria in 6.2, which solely indicates that the actitivity in the previous year determines the new tier, which would mean a downgrade to, as I understand it, the tier matching your actual activity, independent of your previous tier.

Did you read the portuguese or the english version of the T&C? Could there possibly be a discrepancy between the two?

Snacky

Well, it can be a question of translation. In Portuguese:

"6.5. A partir de 31 de março de 2017, anualmente, na mesma data, será realizada uma reavaliaçăo da Categoria de Cartăo atribuída ao Associado Amigo naquele momento, considerando os Pontos Qualificáveis e os trechos voados acumulados no ano civil anterior, compreendido entre 01 de janeiro a 31 de dezembro ("Ano Civil"), quando, entăo, poderá ocorrer a renovaçăo ou o downgrade de Categoria de Cartăo, ou seja, observados os critérios estabelecidos na Cláusula 6.2. acima, o Associado Amigo poderá ter mantida a sua Categoria de Cartăo ou poderá ser reclassificado para uma Categoria de Cartăo inferior ŕquela estabelecida no momento"

I agree that the word "uma" might represent "any" or "one" in an free translation.

All other Brazilian mileage programs have soft landing schemes, so I might have a reason to read it this way. My true perception is that they are not making a full new assessment every year from scratch to determine the category for Amigo card, but rather will put your one ("uma") category lower at every March, if the criteria are not fulfilled of course.

Regards,

Quoting myself, I knew there was a chance for a complete and utter slashing of ones status, as there was no real promise of a soft landing scheme in the T&C.

This is really too bad (at least on my part), but not entirely unexpected.

Snacky
Your post remembered of this discussion in the beginning the thread. They actually intended to have different versions for the T&C, it seems...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mzb00
Yes both based in Brazil currently, but don't recall adding a CPF (don't currently see it on the account). The account was opened when we were still living in the UK and that's when we status matched.
Seems like having a CPF (Brazilian taxpayer ID) attached to the account was the criteria for soft landing or not.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Well it was fun while it lasted. Got a solid 3 years of *G from my A3 status so not complaining. Sure will miss it though.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Seems like having a CPF (Brazilian taxpayer ID) attached to the account was the criteria for soft landing or not.
I have a counter example: Having CPF in the account, but the account was moved from Diamond directly to dirt.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
I have a counter example: Having CPF in the account, but the account was moved from Diamond directly to dirt.
Is your account based in Brazil as well?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Is your account based in Brazil as well?
Ah, no. It is an USA address.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:14 pm

When did people start to be downgraded? My last flight was on July 31 and I had no trouble to be recognized as *G, but upon reading here that some people went from Diamond to Bronze I checked into my account and sure enough it shows I am Bronze now. Was I lucky to get *G just a few days ago or did the downgrade happen on August 1?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.