Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Amigo membership

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Have some Amigo miles to redeem on *A flights. Have to call to do this - is there any English service when you call or do I need to find a Portuguese speaker to do it for me?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Have some Amigo miles to redeem on *A flights. Have to call to do this - is there any English service when you call or do I need to find a Portuguese speaker to do it for me?
Press one for Portuguese, two for Spanish, three for English or something similar.

No one answered on the Spanish line so I had to speak Spanish to to the Portuguese speaking agent only to transfer me to a Spanish speaker in order to solve my issue.

So you should expect something similar to the above.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Press one for Portuguese, two for Spanish, three for English or something similar.

No one answered on the Spanish line so I had to speak Spanish to to the Portuguese speaking agent only to transfer me to a Spanish speaker in order to solve my issue.

So you should expect something similar to the above.
Thanks for clarifying - will give it a go!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems that they don't provide email support anymore; an automated email invites you to use the Live Chat, in English, which tells me its unavailable right now-even during operating hours.

I've been trying to get a new card sent out but had no joy.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Wonder if anyone has had this...

I just signed up for Amigo yesterday because I booked an Air New Zealand flight that doesn't really credit anywhere relevant to me, so I figured why not use it for O6. I signed up, which was a bit of a chore in and of itself. At the end of the process, I think everything was successful, no more errors came up and everything was in English so nothing was lost in translation. Except I was never given an Amigo membership number or anything, checked through my emails, nothing there either.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Wonder if anyone has had this...

I just signed up for Amigo yesterday because I booked an Air New Zealand flight that doesn't really credit anywhere relevant to me, so I figured why not use it for O6. I signed up, which was a bit of a chore in and of itself. At the end of the process, I think everything was successful, no more errors came up and everything was in English so nothing was lost in translation. Except I was never given an Amigo membership number or anything, checked through my emails, nothing there either.
Try to log in your account and click over your name. An option saying "Meus pontos" or my points should appear. Click on it (it will not work on a mobile, in my experience) and then look for the option "Imprimir meu cartăo" on the left bar. You should see your card with your number on it.

Whenever using it, do not forget to mention your FFP is Amigo, for Avianca Brazil. It's still very common check in personnel around the world don't know it. They must use O6 - and not AV - to insert your number in the system. Unfortunately, it's also very common nowadays that other FFPs systems simply don't find it even with the correct information. If that happens, Amigo website will allow you to credit through their website 15 days after your flight. It has always worked for me.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by AlexMC
Try to log in your account and click over your name. An option saying "Meus pontos" or my points should appear. Click on it (it will not work on a mobile, in my experience) and then look for the option "Imprimir meu cartăo" on the left bar. You should see your card with your number on it.

Whenever using it, do not forget to mention your FFP is Amigo, for Avianca Brazil. It's still very common check in personnel around the world don't know it. They must use O6 - and not AV - to insert your number in the system. Unfortunately, it's also very common nowadays that other FFPs systems simply don't find it even with the correct information. If that happens, Amigo website will allow you to credit through their website 15 days after your flight. It has always worked for me.
Thanks for the tips!

This whole AV setup is a bit of a mess I feel like, I hope they can make some changes down the line and get everything integrated, including the new Argentina branch. With Aeroplan they can't see AV award space, but for some reason the space from the old TACA flights is still available...or you'll get a boarding pass that says AV123 operated by LACSA on behalf of TACA for Avianca or whatever. It's just a bit messy I think.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:10 am

I have Avianca Gold from the status match nearly 2 years ago, expires March 2018. Never used it, but will be flying SQ Business from Stockholm to Sydney in January. Intend to credit points to Amigo, so hoping this will qualify me for a soft landing from Gold to Silver in March

Has anyone had luck getting the physical card mailed out? I've emailed them three times but their replies make little sense, promising to post here (Australia) as soon as possible. Is there an email address for Gold?

I'm travelling economy on a few Star Alliance airlines in December, so hope showing a scan of my card is ok to get lounge access. There is no Amigo app.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by everybodyreach
Has anyone had luck getting the physical card mailed out? I've emailed them three times but their replies make little sense, promising to post here (Australia) as soon as possible. Is there an email address for Gold?
Your best shot is calling the call center.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I have Avianca Gold from the status match nearly 2 years ago, expires March 2018. Never used it, but will be flying SQ Business from Stockholm to Sydney in January. Intend to credit points to Amigo, so hoping this will qualify me for a soft landing from Gold to Silver in March

I'm travelling economy on a few Star Alliance airlines in December, so hope showing a scan of my card is ok to get lounge access. There is no Amigo app.
I have received a physical card.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:23 am

If you're flying SQ J then Star Gold isn't much help in terms of lounge access. And when in Economy almost no *A carrier requires plastic cards anymore except Swiss Air which happens to have incompetent people.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:22 am
soy

Programs: various

I have a physical card, requested it using the website tool, and it arrived about 10months later
Not sure its worth asking for one as it may draw eyes to your account. I reckon there is some sort of glitch that is keeping some people gold.

In any case it is what shows on the boarding pass that matters. If your boarding pass says *G you are good. No need to have a card.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald

Has anyone had luck getting the physical card mailed out?
Yes, I got the physical card back then.

How did you manage to get status thru 2018 though? I have been downgraded to basic in summer last year.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Yes, I got the physical card back then.

How did you manage to get status thru 2018 though? I have been downgraded to basic in summer last year.
Something similar happened to us. My son, my daughter and I had a status match 2 years ago. My son and I were Diamond until last summer, then downgraded all the way down to Bronze, but somehow my daughter got to keep her status until this spring, when she then was downgraded all the way down too.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am concerned about the bankruptcy of O6. I do hope that if the airline goes tits up, that there will be some kind of Star Alliance match?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.