Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Amigo membership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:49 pm

is the status match offer still working ?

I got matched from my A3 Gold and now my friend would like to do the same thing ,

if still matching is it the same webpage ?

Thanks for the info
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
is the status match offer still working ?

I got matched from my A3 Gold and now my friend would like to do the same thing ,

if still matching is it the same webpage ?

Thanks for the info
It's Brazil for god sake. People check in bare feet with no shirt on in Rio .Just give it a try.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by erik123
It's Brazil for god sake. People check in bare feet with no shirt on in Rio .Just give it a try.
Well can't say I've seen anyone check in bare feet and/or no shirt before in GIG or SDU.

But agree to try with Avianca for the matching. You never know till you try.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:20 am

has anyone got a plastic Amigo card yet ?

does it look the same as the printout ?

and if I credit some miles from a Star alliance flight will they send me a plastic card ? or does it need to be flights on Avianca Brazil ?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by LAXlocal
has anyone got a plastic Amigo card yet ?

does it look the same as the printout ?

and if I credit some miles from a Star alliance flight will they send me a plastic card ? or does it need to be flights on Avianca Brazil ?
Have not gotten my card yet, but should be able to complete 5 flights by end-Feb '16.

In any case they did not say you need to fly with Avianca, just that you need to complete 5 flights (using your O6 number of course). So you should get your card regardless of address after 5 flights.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by lighthand
Have not gotten my card yet, but should be able to complete 5 flights by end-Feb '16.

In any case they did not say you need to fly with Avianca, just that you need to complete 5 flights (using your O6 number of course). So you should get your card regardless of address after 5 flights.
I was wondering if flights that give 0 miles would count towards necessary 5 flights ? well...probably nobody knows...
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lento
I was wondering if flights that give 0 miles would count towards necessary 5 flights ? well...probably nobody knows...
Was wondering the same... I am flying YUL-YYZ that earns 0% in a few days, hope it counts
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Mict
Was wondering the same... I am flying YUL-YYZ that earns 0% in a few days, hope it counts
One could test this by using the LH airail tickets on sale relatively cheap
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
swweeeeetttt!!! BTW , does is say anything about requiring at least one flight per year to take advantage of the soft landing??
No, it does not. It just says that every March 31st they will check flights made in the previous calendar year. If you don't meet the requirements to requalify, you will be reclassified to the "immediately inferior" category.

Originally Posted by Snacky
Could you refer me to the paragraph in their T&C where you saw this stated?

Snacky
Sure. It's 6.5.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by AlexMC
No, it does not. It just says that every March 31st they will check flights made in the previous calendar year. If you don't meet the requirements to requalify, you will be reclassified to the "immediately inferior" category.

Sure. It's 6.5.
6.5 says the following:

"6.5. As of March 31 of 2017, annually on the same date, a reassessment of the Card Category attributed to the Amigo Member at that time, considering the Qualifiable Points and the segments flown earned in the previous calendar year, from January 01 to December 31 ("Calendar Year"), when then the Card Category downgrade or renewal can occur, i.e., following the criteria established on Clause 6.2. above, the Amigo Member can have its Card Category kept or be reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time."

Well, in 6.5, the phrase "reclassified to the immediately inferior category" is nowhere to be found. In fact, it says "reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time". 6.5 further then refers to the qualification criteria in 6.2, which solely indicates that the actitivity in the previous year determines the new tier, which would mean a downgrade to, as I understand it, the tier matching your actual activity, independent of your previous tier.

Did you read the portuguese or the english version of the T&C? Could there possibly be a discrepancy between the two?

Snacky
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by Snacky
6.5 says the following:

"6.5. As of March 31 of 2017, annually on the same date, a reassessment of the Card Category attributed to the Amigo Member at that time, considering the Qualifiable Points and the segments flown earned in the previous calendar year, from January 01 to December 31 ("Calendar Year"), when then the Card Category downgrade or renewal can occur, i.e., following the criteria established on Clause 6.2. above, the Amigo Member can have its Card Category kept or be reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time."

Well, in 6.5, the phrase "reclassified to the immediately inferior category" is nowhere to be found. In fact, it says "reclassified to a Card Category lower than the one established at that time". 6.5 further then refers to the qualification criteria in 6.2, which solely indicates that the actitivity in the previous year determines the new tier, which would mean a downgrade to, as I understand it, the tier matching your actual activity, independent of your previous tier.

Did you read the portuguese or the english version of the T&C? Could there possibly be a discrepancy between the two?

Snacky
Well, it can be a question of translation. In Portuguese:

"6.5. A partir de 31 de março de 2017, anualmente, na mesma data, será realizada uma reavaliação da Categoria de Cartão atribuída ao Associado Amigo naquele momento, considerando os Pontos Qualificáveis e os trechos voados acumulados no ano civil anterior, compreendido entre 01 de janeiro a 31 de dezembro ("Ano Civil"), quando, então, poderá ocorrer a renovação ou o downgrade de Categoria de Cartão, ou seja, observados os critérios estabelecidos na Cláusula 6.2. acima, o Associado Amigo poderá ter mantida a sua Categoria de Cartão ou poderá ser reclassificado para uma Categoria de Cartão inferior àquela estabelecida no momento"

I agree that the word "uma" might represent "any" or "one" in an free translation.

All other Brazilian mileage programs have soft landing schemes, so I might have a reason to read it this way. My true perception is that they are not making a full new assessment every year from scratch to determine the category for Amigo card, but rather will put your one ("uma") category lower at every March, if the criteria are not fulfilled of course.

Regards,
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:29 am

OK, thanks for the clarification on that.
Further, I do indeed hope they plan to incorporate a soft landing scheme for elites, as I was matched to their diamond tier recently

Snacky
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Flew my first flight with my O6 membership yesterday (BRU-YUL) and got an op up from cheap Tango Economy to J ^
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
So I've just updated a booking with ANZ from having my TK *A Gold frequent flyer number (expires soon) to my new Avianca Amigo *A Gold number.

Before, ANZ manage my booking recognised my TK *A Gold status for preferred seating but now it won't recognise my Avianca Amigo *A Gold status.

Does the number have to be entered in a specific way for it to be recongnised?

I know with some numbers you have to insert a certain number of numbers for airline systems to pick status up correctly.

Anyone had any experience? Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
So I've just updated a booking with ANZ from having my TK *A Gold frequent flyer number (expires soon) to my new Avianca Amigo *A Gold number.

Before, ANZ manage my booking recognised my TK *A Gold status for preferred seating but now it won't recognise my Avianca Amigo *A Gold status.

Does the number have to be entered in a specific way for it to be recongnised?

I know with some numbers you have to insert a certain number of numbers for airline systems to pick status up correctly.

Anyone had any experience? Thanks!
Sorry of it sounds too obvious, but have you used O6 as airline code or Avianca Brasil?

It must be a different option than Avianca (AV/TA) when using the ANZ "manage my booking" tool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.