FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LifeMiles Can't Book Air China (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1683220-lifemiles-cant-book-air-china.html)

jlisi984 Dec 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Still the case... Online CA doesn't show in drop-down, phone agents say they cannot book CA due to "system updates" (!)... Great. Just great. And I'm trying to book HAV, for which LifeMiles is one of the few currencies that works (even SQ doesn't work since there is no "published route").

Guvner067 Dec 29, 2015 10:06 pm

I just picked a random date 5 minutes ago:

http://s16.postimg.cc/keibfq4yd/Air_China.jpg

AA_EXP09 Dec 29, 2015 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 24889004)
That simply isn't true you can book plenty of other routes on CA through LM.

The problem here is the specific route. There is a reason why it errors out and there is a way around it but that's for the trick-it section ...

I thought LM awards were free of fuel surcharges in the first place, so there is no fuel to dump?
(unless this is a mileage hack)

jmoorfoot Dec 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Guvner067 (Post 25933776)
I just picked a random date 5 minutes ago:

http://s16.postimg.cc/keibfq4yd/Air_China.jpg

It still isn't bookable! Click on NEXT & you get:

Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.

This ALWAYS happens with CA

Guvner067 Dec 31, 2015 7:52 pm

and if you call support what happens?

LegroomOz Jan 5, 2016 4:48 pm

CA is now no longer available

I got an email reply from LM to the same issue stating that redemption facility between CA and LM had been '... disabled...".

It does not say whether it is temporary or permanent.

It did say that CA has the right to remove redemptions 'without notice'.

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot (Post 25938431)

Please try again.If the problem persists or you need additional information please contact LifeMiles Support.

jona970318 Jan 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by AwardBee (Post 25602976)
Last time I booked CA (~2 months ago), I also had it error out. I didn't call LM but emailed them screenshot of the flights and error msg, and they manually booked and called me to collect payment. Which wasn't all that straightforward because it took 45 minutes to take down billing address, CC #, process the payment, etc. then their system was down, etc. etc. But it worked in the end. I assume I could follow the same process now and book the flights, since LM hasn't and probably won't fix their site anytime soon.

Wait so you were able to get the agent to manually book and issue for you? Have you tried calling?

elusive1 Jan 28, 2016 4:35 pm

Received the following from LM:

It is a pleasure to greet you.

We would like to inform you that ticket redemption agreements between LifeMiles and Air China have been disabled; therefore, we cannot assist you further concerning your case.

Due to the aforementioned situation, we recommend you to search for alternate airlines, flights or dates when redeeming your tickets at www.LifeMiles.com; we remind you that policies with Air China establish the following:
• "Air China reserves the right to change the routes and/or flights available for ticket redemption without prior notice."

JohnnyColombia Feb 1, 2016 9:40 am

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot (Post 25938431)

I can still book CA. I click next and then I get the personal info page. Click next from that and I get the payments page.

Trying with CA118 from HKG to PEK in J on 12 May 2016

My account is old from pre LifeMiles days and does occasionally have magic qualities. But what LM is saying about the agreement between CA and LM is nonsense. If some of you cannot book the above flight then it is because LM has blocked you for some reason.

elusive1 Feb 1, 2016 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia (Post 26115392)
I can still book CA. I click next and then I get the personal info page. Click next from that and I get the payments page.

Trying with CA118 from HKG to PEK in J on 12 May 2016

My account is old from pre LifeMiles days and does occasionally have magic qualities. But what LM is saying about the agreement between CA and LM is nonsense. If some of you cannot book the above flight then it is because LM has blocked you for some reason.

Very odd

mlqsko May 22, 2016 7:00 am

Has anyone been able to book CA lately?

jona970318 May 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko (Post 26663827)
Has anyone been able to book CA lately?

I don't think there's much luck from the website...

Yizhu May 27, 2016 10:25 pm

there also seem to be problem with getting lifemiles for international Air China flight, i never received mines.

Dennis May 28, 2016 12:49 am

Air China

Let me clarify the situation:

Air China is still possible to book (with Lifemiles) but only for accounts based in Colombia (or maybe another country that I am not aware of it) !

Donīt ask me where Iīve got this information from but itīs the truth.

And before you try to setup an account based in Colombia, be ready to have some ID proof just in case their department is calling you and closing your account! (Didnīt happen to me!)

So, they tell you lies about not being able to book CA anymore!
(But technically spoken, theyīre right as long as your account is not Colombia... based.)

Air Rarotonga May 28, 2016 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Dennis (Post 26692990)
So, they tell you lies about not being able to book AC anymore!

AC = Air Canada