Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LifeMiles Can't Book Air China

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
Hi all, just an update here. I did manage to book a sector on Air China via the screenshot method. When I started searching a week or so ago (using the old interface), I saw availability. Subsequently, it was not available using the new interface as Air China is not even on the drop down menu. Now that LM is back to using the old interface, I managed to find it for my booking, created via the screenshot method. It works!
^
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Today, I booked a LAX-KHG award for April in F. Ticketed without any problems, even though UA was not showing availability on the same flights.

I'll give CA a call tomorrow to confirm that the ticket looks good on their end. I'm really nervous that the ticket will end up cancelled or unconfirmed somehow (haven't had a smooth CA redemption yet), but there's no other way to get to KHG so I had to take my chances.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Today, I booked a LAX-KHG award for April in F. Ticketed without any problems, even though UA was not showing availability on the same flights.

I'll give CA a call tomorrow to confirm that the ticket looks good on their end. I'm really nervous that the ticket will end up cancelled or unconfirmed somehow (haven't had a smooth CA redemption yet), but there's no other way to get to KHG so I had to take my chances.
slightly off-topic, but I just returned from KHG on Air China award flights; everything ended up ok in the end but be extremely vigilant about schedule changes to KHG. My CA flight ended up being removed from the schedule without notification and the staff at airports in that part of China leave a lot to be desired, since they don’t work for the airline and instead for Xinjiang Airport Group.

Last edited by pushmyredbutton; Nov 29, 2017 at 12:12 am
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
slightly off-topic, but I just returned from KHG on Air China award flights; everything ended up ok in the end but be extremely vigilant about schedule changes to KHG. My CA flight ended up being removed from the schedule without notification and the staff at airports in that part of China leave a lot to be desired, since they don’t work for the airline and instead for Xinjiang Airport Group.
That's good to know.. My CA ticket is oneway LAX-KHG, so hopefully any issues will get ironed out in LAX or PEK before getting to Xinjiang. My onward flight is KHG-URC-ASB on CZ (DL award). CZ has a much bigger presence in that area, so hopefully their agents would be more helpful if something goes wrong.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:54 am

Odd quirk on China-Australia routes - J and F appear as normal but Y is blocked out. Guess which cabin I need (for once!)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Odd quirk on China-Australia routes - J and F appear as normal but Y is blocked out. Guess which cabin I need (for once!)
Well treat yourself
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:17 pm

Air China Manual Booking

I resently had a problem booking Air China First class for my aunt from LAX - PEK,
The Lifemiles web site showed available, but I constantly received error messages.
With a few emails to Lifemiles support the reservation was confirmed by Lifemiles with EXCELLENT customer service.

I was presently surprised!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Sydneyjb
I resently had a problem booking Air China First class for my aunt from LAX - PEK,
The Lifemiles web site showed available, but I constantly received error messages.
With a few emails to Lifemiles support the reservation was confirmed by Lifemiles with EXCELLENT customer service.

I was presently surprised!
For anyone else in a similar situation... we recently booked a bunch of Air China tickets between China and USA. Got the same error message. But selecting 'Air China' from the drop down box of airlines (rather than 'smart search') allowed the booking to go through to the payment page.
pschafer and mlqsko like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:36 pm

My experience also as above.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
For anyone else in a similar situation... we recently booked a bunch of Air China tickets between China and USA. Got the same error message. But selecting 'Air China' from the drop down box of airlines (rather than 'smart search') allowed the booking to go through to the payment page.
WhIle not Air China - I just tested this tip on AC (Air Canada) which always (for the past 3 years) errors out when you select your flight and try to proceed to booking - changed from Smart Search to AC and abracadabra it worked - amazing - thanks so much for the tip.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:11 pm

I am having the same issue, but I can't get around it as I need a multi-airline ticket.

My airport dissapears if I select air china from the drop down menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.