Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 1:28 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Just received LM e-mail offer with bonus miles for purchase in May 2018. See: Buy Lifemiles promos
Old May 2, 2018, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Plan today your next trip buying 1 and getting 2 miles! PLUS bonus miles up to 25%.
Valid until 30th May.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Plan today your next trip buying 1 and getting 2 miles! PLUS bonus miles up to 25%.
Valid until 30th May.
Some are being offered +35%
Old May 2, 2018, 10:10 pm

Sorry if this question/thought seems stupid/naive

To the Australian user buying miles from international carriers like Avianca - has anyone figured out the best credit card or method to pay given the poor AUD conversion.

Thanks
Old May 3, 2018, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vohenri
Sorry if this question/thought seems stupid/naive

To the Australian user buying miles from international carriers like Avianca - has anyone figured out the best credit card or method to pay given the poor AUD conversion.

Thanks
Any of the totally fee-free credit or debit cards will work. 28 Degrees and Citi are a couple of examples. But there are others. And wait for a couple weeks until the extra bonus offers come out, should increase the earn by an additional 10% if previous promos are anything to go by.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is this the best offer they had in a while?
Old May 3, 2018, 2:10 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by navatwal
Is this the best offer they had in a while?
No, 145% is routinely offered towards the end of the promos via deals with various blogs. Plenty of info upthread
Old May 4, 2018, 12:48 pm

CC issue

I've tried using multiple Amex/Chase Visa & MC to purchase the miles but all blank out for me. Anyone have luck using any of these cards? Not sure if it's a payment processor issue. I even tried over the phone and they said to wait 24 hours. Mind boggling...
Old May 4, 2018, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by i_gtgo
I've tried using multiple Amex/Chase Visa & MC to purchase the miles but all blank out for me. Anyone have luck using any of these cards? Not sure if it's a payment processor issue. I even tried over the phone and they said to wait 24 hours. Mind boggling...
Credit cards being rejected for transactions in Colombia is not uncommon (fraud prevention). Have you cleared the payment with your card issuer before making the transaction? LM also blocks some cards for 24 hours if you have made multiple attempts.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Credit cards being rejected for transactions in Colombia is not uncommon (fraud prevention). Have you cleared the payment with your card issuer before making the transaction? LM also blocks some cards for 24 hours if you have made multiple attempts.
Yup. Neither Chase or Amex see the charge coming through. I even tried over the phone and they said it's gone for processing but in reality nothing has posted. Only card which worked for me is Barclays but I don't have enough limit to buy the miles on it.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup. Neither Chase or Amex see the charge coming through. I even tried over the phone and they said it's gone for processing but in reality nothing has posted. Only card which worked for me is Barclays but I don't have enough limit to buy the miles on it.
The ol' chestnut! ('We see no charge coming through'.)

The banks often seem to trot that one out. There doesn't seem to be a problem with LM per se. Some cards go through just fine. Some banks/institutions just seem to block it.
Old May 5, 2018, 4:38 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by soy
No, 145% is routinely offered towards the end of the promos via deals with various blogs. Plenty of info upthread
Toward that end, Lucky (OMAAT) posted this about the current LifeMiles promotion:

In the past LifeMiles has sometimes offered OMAAT readers a bigger bonus on purchased miles. I’m not yet sure whether or not that’s happening this time around, but I’d note that in general we do sometimes see opportunities to purchase miles with up to a 140% bonus, if you have time to wait.
source

My reading is that Lucky is attempting to negotiate the same (similar?) bonus that OMAAT has offered in the past, but it (the negotiation) is currently an ongoing process, so he can't say for sure either way if it'll be offered or not.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Let's hope for luck!
Old May 7, 2018, 8:41 pm

I find that all my Lifemiles transactions are charged in US (Florida).
Old May 8, 2018, 6:50 pm

EMD

Any way to purchase miles using an EMD, without going into an office?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.