Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2020, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by michaelmorio
Today, I received email regarding 200% bonus miles purchase. It says you can purchase any mile between 1,000 and 200,000 and get 200% bonus.
The bonus period ends on December 3. If you go LM website, you may be able to see the same deal though I am not sure.

michaelmorio
Same here.
Honestly tempted to buy another 15,000 Lifemiles to replace open booking in December to finally get rid of my lifemiles after several cancellations throughout this year.
Have you guys made any experience recently if partner awards still get accepted at check-in? With Avianca's/Lifemiles unstable situation I do not have full confidence especially if I invest some more bucks in remaining miles and related cancellation fee of existing ticket.

Cheers.
Nik
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by phnxz
Same here.
Honestly tempted to buy another 15,000 Lifemiles to replace open booking in December to finally get rid of my lifemiles after several cancellations throughout this year.
Have you guys made any experience recently if partner awards still get accepted at check-in? With Avianca's/Lifemiles unstable situation I do not have full confidence especially if I invest some more bucks in remaining miles and related cancellation fee of existing ticket.

Cheers.
Nik
I flew a transpac NH J/F award two weeks ago and had no problems at any point. Bookings were made two days before flying.
model_un likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
I decided to dive in... going back to Colombia for a few months, so hopefully, miles will be used.

One question... my understanding was that the yearly cap on purchased miles was 200,000, does this include the bonus miles? Anyone? Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by model_un
I decided to dive in... going back to Colombia for a few months, so hopefully, miles will be used.

One question... my understanding was that the yearly cap on purchased miles was 200,000, does this include the bonus miles? Anyone? Thanks.
From the T&C:

The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion is 200,000 LifeMiles. Additionally, the maximum miles that a member can receive during the promotion, including applicable bonuses is 600,000 miles, minus the miles that the member has previously purchased in 2020 and their respective bonuses. The purchase transaction cannot be made if the amount of miles to purchase and the corresponding bonus, including all miles purchased in 2020, including the bonuses, exceed the 600,000 miles limit, unless the amount of miles to receive without applying the promotional bonus is less or equal to 600,000 miles, in which case, the transaction will be processed but no bonus will be granted, giving such warning to the member.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i am seriously tempted to go all in on this..200%free bonus seems a great deal..however,i have heard some bad things about lifemiles and wondering what the risk factor is...
can anyone advise..?
thanks
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:00 am

For all each bad story... there is a good one. For me, I'll be in Colombia already... so worst case, I'll just take a few internal flights. But my hope is that a ANA or Lufthansa First Flight will fit my schedule...
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
From the T&C:

The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion is 200,000 LifeMiles. Additionally, the maximum miles that a member can receive during the promotion, including applicable bonuses is 600,000 miles, minus the miles that the member has previously purchased in 2020 and their respective bonuses. The purchase transaction cannot be made if the amount of miles to purchase and the corresponding bonus, including all miles purchased in 2020, including the bonuses, exceed the 600,000 miles limit, unless the amount of miles to receive without applying the promotional bonus is less or equal to 600,000 miles, in which case, the transaction will be processed but no bonus will be granted, giving such warning to the member.
Thanks a million, They must have tweaked these since the last 2x1 deal. All good. Not sure I'm willing to go for more than 200K. Now trying for a status match... let's see how that goes.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
i am seriously tempted to go all in on this..200%free bonus seems a great deal..however,i have heard some bad things about lifemiles and wondering what the risk factor is...
can anyone advise..?
thanks
In case you might need to call the hotline (cancellation, changes to your booking,..) you should not have high expectation to have a great support.
Especially in current situation, I would make sure that planned flght is more or less safe to book and will not be disrupted.

Also, Avianca's financial situation is not 100% clear and I would aim to redeem miles asap.
I have read about people in this forum who opted to convert miles to Amazon credit using a comparably bad conversion.

Cheers.
Nik
Old Nov 29, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i see.thanks-has online booking become easier or do you still mostly have to phone it in?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: United Mileageplus
Online booking works as long as the itinerary you want is shown in the search tool. If not, you’re gonna have to do a manual booking as described in another thread
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I have a question about buying miles from Avianca. After logging into my account, choosing the amount of miles, and adding my credit card info, it asks for document info. Do I need to an ID to buy miles with Avianca? It's sounds fishy to me. Please give some advice. Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: United Mileageplus
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I have a question about buying miles from Avianca. After logging into my account, choosing the amount of miles, and adding my credit card info, it asks for document info. Do I need to an ID to buy miles with Avianca? It's sounds fishy to me. Please give some advice. Thanks!
Yes it’s required. Passport number should be fine
Old Nov 30, 2020, 5:20 pm

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
They ask for ID information online as a matter of routine. That said, I have found that it's very rare for them to care to demand to verify the information by way of a scan/digital image of the ID info supplied online to them. Also, I doubt that they pay for top of the line people to perform a forensic analysis to rule out that the images haven't been Photoshopped.

I've bought millions of Lifemiles and redeemed them -- across multiple accounts. I'm pretty sure that the ID info I've supplied over the years has not always been entirely correct. And I'm 100% certain that they've never requested me to send over any scanned ID documents for the accounts over which I have direct or indirect administrative control.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:53 am

Thank you. I bought the miles and they already posted into my account. Now I am waiting for my expiration date of miles to change. The website states that buying miles keeps the miles active for another year, but so far the date hasn't changed. Do you know how long that takes? Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.