Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Well not me for sure - just too many unknowns - post-Covid travel combined with LM's very poor online site fraught with errors and hiccups and limitations on awards.
Cheetah_SA and Paella747 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 7:05 am

Quite tempted... but if I was going to, it would be for a large amount.

just don’t think it’s worth the risk of spending $3,000-6,0000, if they can’t then be used in the future!
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
One Mile at a Time (Lucky) is offering an additional 5% bonus on his blog. You need to register for the promo before buying. I have used a similar offer before and everything worked fine. It’s supposed to get you a total of 155% extra, even with as little as 1000 miles purchased.

https://onemileatatime.com/omaat-lifemiles-promo/

I have no connection to this blog.
njfan07 and Tofino87 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:15 pm

Jaimito, thanks for the link!

Getting ready to buy but still deciding if I want 60K + bonus or 100K plus bonus. With the Avianca CC it comes to 1.26 cents/mile based on 155%. Last time I bought 100K at 1.375 cents.

Lots on availability for routes I'm interested in early next year when hopefully the travel restrictions are lifted.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by njfan07
Jaimito, thanks for the link!

Getting ready to buy but still deciding if I want 60K + bonus or 100K plus bonus. With the Avianca CC it comes to 1.26 cents/mile based on 155%. Last time I bought 100K at 1.375 cents.

Lots on availability for routes I'm interested in early next year when hopefully the travel restrictions are lifted.
I’m debating myself. The last time I bought 100k+ bonus, and it worked perfectly with the small amount of miles in my account to buy 2 biz and one F ticket, Transpac, one way.

I usually travel with the family, so 3 tickets together can sometimes be more difficult. Lots of availability that I’m seeing is only one ticket in J at a time.

There is also the Avianca situation, and in general the length of times these miles are valid for. I like using these for BR tickets or NH. Other than glitches when purchasing one set, the last NH tickets I redeemed for was a good value in March.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I’m debating myself. The last time I bought 100k+ bonus, and it worked perfectly with the small amount of miles in my account to buy 2 biz and one F ticket, Transpac, one way.

I usually travel with the family, so 3 tickets together can sometimes be more difficult. Lots of availability that I’m seeing is only one ticket in J at a time.

There is also the Avianca situation, and in general the length of times these miles are valid for. I like using these for BR tickets or NH. Other than glitches when purchasing one set, the last NH tickets I redeemed for was a good value in March.
I'm looking for Transpac also but like that I can go the other way if preferred direction doesn't exist. I see BKK-FRA/ZRH/VIE-MIA with only one stop which isn't possible via Transpac.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:59 pm

Have been thinking on this.. a lot.

LifeMiles have verbally confirmed that they won’t change their redemption rates for partner airlines (no devaluation) until at least January 2021.

I’m going to hold off, given the uncertainty. And hope that this offer reappears for Black Friday. Or Christmas sale. Something of that Ilk.

And all being well I’ll then redeem for travel from March 2021 to May 2021.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:39 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pschafer
Well not me for sure - just too many unknowns - post-Covid travel combined with LM's very poor online site fraught with errors and hiccups and limitations on awards.
Same here. I still got 160+k mls sitting in the account and if the SQ KIX-SIN redemption in fall 2020 can't happen another 72k mls will come back. That's plenty and I'm happy if it lasts and is not wiped out by 2021 when we will hopefully have a better shot at redeeming and actually travelling. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Jun 29, 2020 at 1:54 am
Old Jun 27, 2020, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bought a bit over 100k before bonus. It’s obviously a calculated bet, but given our need for travel later this year, hopefully it will pay off.

I searched for a lot of dates to make sure there’s availability before buying that many miles. I couldn’t find any BR tickets. Some other strangeness was if I selected three passengers, OZ flights sometimes popped up. If I only chose 1-2 passengers, then they didn’t.

Mostly NH and UA flights were available. SE Asia to West coast.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yah, availability on some of the more popular routes looks a bit thin outside of some gems popping up within T-14 days. I was looking for long-haul Biz (2 pax) SE Asia to Europe & return next year in Apr / May 2021 and the only somewhat reliably offered option was TK. Not bad, but let's see.

Given the uncertainties surrounding LM I booked backup flights using miles from other airline FFPs first and then will book via LM if something good shows up within T-30 days of planned travel or so. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Jul 1, 2020 at 2:34 am
Old Jul 25, 2020, 7:12 pm

Oh, missed it. Could use it for some flights in September. Hope they have another sale by then.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:26 pm
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Originally Posted by tr3k
Oh, missed it. Could use it for some flights in September. Hope they have another sale by then.
Hope we will be flying by then.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:25 pm

The trip is def. possible - flights restarted.

Got enough LM currently to pay using miles and cash, but that means 1.5-1.6cpm or so. Would prefer to buy enough miles for a lower price.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
United is so hard to book in business.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
United is so hard to book in business.
because United does not release its premium awards to partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.