first flight pnr cancelled

Old Jun 6, 14, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
first flight pnr cancelled

I have a ticket AMS-LIS-GRU-EZE with miles on Tap and TK. The first Tap flight is cancelled so there is no morning connection to be in time in Lisbon. I called Avianca and they told me that there is no other flight on miles (I class). What are my rights in this case? Do they have to offer a (P,D,Z,J) class on another Staralliance company (for example Lufthansa).
Old Jun 6, 14, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Freewilly View Post
I have a ticket AMS-LIS-GRU-EZE with miles on Tap and TK. The first Tap flight is cancelled so there is no morning connection to be in time in Lisbon. I called Avianca and they told me that there is no other flight on miles (I class). What are my rights in this case? Do they have to offer a (P,D,Z,J) class on another Staralliance company (for example Lufthansa).
I think you should contact TAP to find a way to rebook you on a different flight. After all, they are responsible to the mess. Then AV can reissue the ticket once you are rebooked.

I had similar situation where ET cancelled a flight and I was in contact with them to resolve the issue. It was a nightmare, but ultimately the problem was resolved and I had a two days longer vacation in the Seychelles.
Old Jun 7, 14, 7:01 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
AV can only rebook you on other flights, if award seats are available...

Try to find a solution with TP, but that can be quite a problem as earlier reported (BMI awards)...

Depending how close to departure this cancellation happened, you might qualify for a compensation according EU Rule 261/2004. Also here, you need to place your claim at TP, as they caused the problem...
Old Jun 7, 14, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
None, if its more than 2 weeks before departure

They will have to reroute you on another carrier in I or X.
If necessary, you may have to fly AMS-LIS the day before.

Instead of calling Avianca, do your own research on alternatives, and instead of asking for flights, once you find ones you want - demand them.
Old Jun 7, 14, 3:00 pm
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
The procedure is as per this post when it happened to me

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22878708-post255.html

Just swap UA for TP
Old Jun 7, 14, 11:55 pm

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Thanks for that. Good info to know. Sounds like a fun process though
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Avianca is sending me by email to Tap and Tap sending me by email to Avianca
Old Jun 19, 14, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Avianca is sending me by email to Tap and Tap sending me by email to Avianca

Finally found flights with Avios. So I called Avianca and now they want to charge me 2x 50 USD cancellation fee?!?!?!?! How is that possible? And what is the best I can do?

thx!
Old Jun 19, 14, 2:06 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
What are my rights - None, if its more than 2 weeks before departure
Total nonsense, please educate yourself before giving advice to others!

Freewilly — you have the right to be rerouted or cancel the ticket according to your choice. Rerouting should be arranged by the operating airline of the cancelled flight. These rights are codified by EU Regulation 261/2004, since the flight departs from the EU.

Contact TAP and mention their obligation to reroute you according to EU Regulation 261/2004. Rerouting is not limited by award fare class or alliance at all. If they resist, contact the appropriate National Enforcement Body http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes...ent_bodies.pdf , (For Netherlands – Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport – Postbus 575, NL - 2130 AN HOOFDDORP Tel. : +31 884 890 000, Fax : +31 704 5630 13 www.ILenT.nl) and they should resolve this promptly, as this is a very clear cut case, no doubt who and what should do to solve your problem.

If you want to take this trip, don't give in and cancel the ticket! The law is clearly on your side.

Obviously all these flights should be provided without any additional fees.
Old Jun 19, 14, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Or just pay up and then dispute the charge as violating EC 261/2004.
Old Jun 19, 14, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elva View Post
Total nonsense, please educate yourself before giving advice to others!

Freewilly — you have the right to be rerouted or cancel the ticket according to your choice. Rerouting should be arranged by the operating airline of the cancelled flight. These rights are codified by EU Regulation 261/2004, since the flight departs from the EU.

Contact TAP and mention their obligation to reroute you according to EU Regulation 261/2004. Rerouting is not limited by award fare class or alliance at all. If they resist, contact the appropriate National Enforcement Body http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes...ent_bodies.pdf , (For Netherlands – Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport – Postbus 575, NL - 2130 AN HOOFDDORP Tel. : +31 884 890 000, Fax : +31 704 5630 13 www.ILenT.nl) and they should resolve this promptly, as this is a very clear cut case, no doubt who and what should do to solve your problem.

If you want to take this trip, don't give in and cancel the ticket! The law is clearly on your side.

Obviously all these flights should be provided without any additional fees.

Thanks you for your clear answer. Send a new email to TAP, hopefully they give a response this time.
Old Jun 25, 14, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks you for your clear answer. Send a new email to TAP, hopefully they give a response this time.

Thanks for all the information, but the transportation departments in Netherlands are not dealing with this kind of problems. Only 48hrs before departure. Tap Airlines is not helping me and Avianca can not offer new flights and when I cancel the ticket by myself I have to pay a cancellation fee of 50USD per person. Is there anything else I can do, then transfer this to a lawyer?

Old Jun 25, 14, 8:32 am

Instead of wasting your time here, just pick up the phone and call TAP until they find a solution for you. Hang up and call again if the agent is not helping.