Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Change of flight times: Operating Carrier OK, LM says segments cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold

I have booked the family on a LM award ticket in Y. It was a slightly tricked option that included an elaborate routing and was "good value".

When i look at the flight on the LM web site it says that some flights have been cancelled.

When i check the operating carrier's site it shows that those flights have been simply moved by an hour or so and no major change to worry about. It says the flights (at the new times) are confirmed.

I have also spoken directly to the operating carrier as we've had to add an infant to the booking and requested a bassinet. They've taken my money and (seemingly) confirmed that it's all good to go.

It's a couple of months before the flight is to be taken and i wanted to check what i should do?

Should I:

1. Call Lifemiles and ask them to issue a new ticket with the correct times?
2. Wait and see if it corrects itself between now and then?
3. Just rock up with the PNR and a print out of the confirmation page from the operating carrier -- assuming that it stays that way?

Plenty of time but i'd like to be prepared.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
When i look at the flight on the LM web site it says that some flights have been cancelled.
Where??!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Where??!
On Checkmytrip when i put in my details via the Avianca site (or when i go to checkmytrip directly).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
On Checkmytrip when i put in my details via the Avianca site (or when i go to checkmytrip directly).
Yeah, but you said "When i look at the flight on the LM web site", which is not possible.

IMHO, if operating carrier is okay with the reservation, it might be just a LM hiccup. Why don't you give them a call (the operating carrier) and change seats, etc. to verify the ticket is intact?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Yeah, but you said "When i look at the flight on the LM web site", which is not possible.
Well, yes, you have to go to the Avianca site to look at a booking... pedantic but true.

IMHO, if operating carrier is okay with the reservation, it might be just a LM hiccup. Why don't you give them a call (the operating carrier) and change seats, etc. to verify the ticket is intact?
I will closer to the date. As i said it is showing as confirmed on their web site. Just wanted to check if anyone sees any need to reissue the LM ticket if the operating carrier has it confirmed?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Have only the flight times changed or have the flight numbers changed too? I would be very uncomfortable travelling on a PNR that showed no confirmed flights for any legs of my ticket.

Does the operating carrier also use Amadeus or do they have a different PNR for your booking? Can you call up your booking on their web site? It seems very odd that they could be seeing a different set of confirmed flights on the same PNR.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has LM issued a new ticket? Do you see new ticket numbers?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I've just read this on the US Airways board - it struck me it would be very useful for the OP to check the ticket status using Saudi Airlines' web site facility.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Have only the flight times changed or have the flight numbers changed too? I would be very uncomfortable travelling on a PNR that showed no confirmed flights for any legs of my ticket.

Does the operating carrier also use Amadeus or do they have a different PNR for your booking? Can you call up your booking on their web site? It seems very odd that they could be seeing a different set of confirmed flights on the same PNR.
The booking is for five flights. First, second and last flight show as confirmed. The two in between have had their flight numbers and times changed (not by much -- less than an hour) and the operating carrier shows changed and confirmed bookings. Avianca (via checkmytrip) shows these two legs as cancelled.

Unfortunately i can't get the saudi airlines link to work at all. Gives me an error.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has LM issued a new ticket? Do you see new ticket numbers?
Not that i can see.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wouldn't AV at least have to revalidate /reissue the e-ticket to reflect the changed segments?

For example, with BD DC in the past in such cases the segement affected could show as cancelled and a new segment should have been added for the flight one was accomodated on pending a confirmation (this would usually be done by the operating carrier). BD DC would then call you (if you were lucky) or you called and then they asked you to accept the change or not. One could also accept retimings via the LOT website reservation manager directly not having to call in, but I don't recall if it worked for all scenarios. I had such changes a lot (timing / flight numbers) especially with UA on domestic US routes.

Sometimes the segment itself was changed (not cancel old segment and add a new one) and in those cases a revalidation & reissue by ticketing carrier also had to happen for eticket to reflect the proper updated segments.

In Altea an agent can do such a segment change in a PNR both ways - modify the impacted segment (assuming routing stays the same) or cancel the segment and add a new segment. Also IIRC the e-ticket number does not necessarily have to change for all that.

My hunch would be that all AV needs to do is reissue the ticket and it should be fine. I would get it sorted, but YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Jun 25, 2014 at 9:40 pm
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:30 am

It sounds to me the flight was not canceled but just a time change. If so reissue is not necessary and the canceled in the AV system seems like an error. If the operating carrier sees the reservation and a ticket number is attached to the res. you should be good to go. If you are still hesitant I would not rely on Lifemiles. Call AV reservation and ask if they can see it + ticketnumber.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I will give it a little longer and see what happens. I'd prefer not to involve Avianca as i don't really want to draw attention to it but i will see how i get on. It is basically a couple of retimed segments and not a change of itinerary.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: BD *G, DL PM, HH Gold
IIUC, two things need to happen, since there was flight number change:

1. The operating carrier revalidates the ticket for the new flights (AV doesn't have to do this) due to sked change. Depending on carrier, you may be able to check this by looking at the most recent ticketing office on the Amadeus ITR site at http://202.176.221.202/
2. The revalidated ticket is associated with the new segments by the operating carrier. Best to call the operating carrier and make sure that's happened, though it sounds like you already talked with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.