Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by demue
Same observation when I checked a few weeks ago. I reported it under the website booking problems thread. I checked SIN-HND/NRT and return for the full year and there wasn't one Biz seat forget even F. I used smart search and carrier search defaulted to NH - nada, nothing. Concerning.
I'm seeing one J seat on both NH flights for far out dates NRT-SIN. I was actually looking at this last night, end of Nov 2019 to be specific. NH doesn't operate F on that route (neither does JAL, only SQ) so obviously there won't be any.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Unless NH switched all SIN-NRT/HND routes to 787s then the 77Ws would certainly offer F. They definitely did offer it in the past.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Unless NH switched all SIN-NRT/HND routes to 787s then the 77Ws would certainly offer F. They definitely did offer it in the past.
ANA is all 787s for those routes. FT also has a *A F route thread. You are correct that this is a recent change; it occurred in June. I think the plane was put on NRT-LAX, although don't quote me on that. That was the only intra-asia route with F.
*A First Class Routes Thread

Last edited by nexusCFX; Dec 10, 2018 at 9:14 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
ANA is all 787s for those routes. FT also has a *A F route thread. You are correct that this is a recent change; it occurred in June. I think the plane was put on NRT-LAX, although don't quote me on that. That was the only intra-asia route with F.
*A First Class Routes Thread
NH801/802 has been operating as a 77W for the last few days at least. I can't find anything in the *A F Thread to the contrary. The other flights to NRT always were 787s. So still theoretically possible, just seems not to be released as award any longer.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:03 am

NH801/802 has been operating as a 77W for the last few days at least. I can't find anything in the *A F Thread to the contrary. The other flights to NRT always were 787s. So still theoretically possible, just seems not to be released as award any longer.
You're right, it does seem that they've put the 77W back on it for some time now. ANA is not selling F on that route though; perhaps they will start doing so again? As for the *A F thread, SIN was removed from the NH listing.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:46 pm

For starters I would be happy if at least decent Biz space returns, F is "aspirational".
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
f cabin is only assigned to ana diamond members flying business class on those flights. I’m SF and still can’t select them on an upcoming biz class flight in January.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:04 pm

IAD-AMS currently going for 18K miles in economy instead of the published 30K TPAC miles.
IAD-LHR/CPH/OSL/ARN for 20K, IAD-MUC for 23K, IAD-ZRH for 25K etc...

Is there a discount miles promo ex IAD I missed? What other origins/destinations are in this "promo"?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Last week I was checking exORD and select routes were pricing as 17.5k! Insanely cheap compared to summer $$ fares.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
IAD-AMS currently going for 18K miles in economy instead of the published 30K TPAC miles.
IAD-LHR/CPH/OSL/ARN for 20K, IAD-MUC for 23K, IAD-ZRH for 25K etc...

Is there a discount miles promo ex IAD I missed? What other origins/destinations are in this "promo"?
When do you see those?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by erik123
When do you see those?
from last week, even now.

Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:45 pm

Something's cooking...

As part of our continued investment in serving members like you even better, we are preparing to upgrade our systems. This upgrade will require an outage period, during which the LifeMiles systems will not be available.
We will conduct our system change from February 1st to February 5th, 2019. During this period:
  • You will not be able to access or transact in LifeMiles.com or the LifeMiles Mobile App. Our Call Center and Service Centers will be open but will not be able to make transactions in our systems either during this period
  • You will not be able to redeem with LifeMiles or any of our partners
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Something's cooking...

As part of our continued investment in serving members like you even better, we are preparing to upgrade our systems. This upgrade will require an outage period, during which the LifeMiles systems will not be available.
We will conduct our system change from February 1st to February 5th, 2019. During this period:
  • You will not be able to access or transact in LifeMiles.com or the LifeMiles Mobile App. Our Call Center and Service Centers will be open but will not be able to make transactions in our systems either during this period
  • You will not be able to redeem with LifeMiles or any of our partners
Oh no!

Or maybe more opportunities.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:17 am
Original Member

life miles

I just hope they fix their stupid system so it actually works 100% of the time.

Now I can't even open up the window to search award flights, I keep getting a error.......
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:48 pm

SQ and LH have devalued. I feel like Lifemiles might also devalue, I really hope not!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.