Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Is Chainsaw still working or finished now?
still working
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yerffej201
still working
I can't get anything to price up. Ok will keep trying.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
A reminder to those with poor closure skills or are just unable to let go:

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Felow Lifemile enthusiasts,

following a rather nasty turn in the previous thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...nal-trick.html

The senior mods (who have the pleasure of moderating this corner of FT) decided to reboot the thread and start afresh.

So... share away, in whatever trick(y) language you can find. Keep in mind that this is FT, and while sharing (of opinions, tricks, ideas, opinions etc) is explicitly desired and allowed, one simple rule applies:

If you don't have anything to say on the topic, just don't say it.

Talking about others, the ethics or it all and similar personal things remains off topic and will be deleted.

So trick away!

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
You want to keep this thread and your membership active, keep the thread productive and invective / revenge / personal comment free.

Regards and safe, comfortable travels.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I can't get anything to price up. Ok will keep trying.
Longest segment only seems to be available on one carrier (same as the one you can only use for gummy bear now)
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: QFF
Is C2 / Gulab Jamun still working? Cant get it to show any availability. Individual sectors show up fine.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Was just able to book 2 seats from Cloudgate-Bazaar-Kids Cereal-Gummy Bear in J class for next May. So excite!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by stinger101
Was just able to book 2 seats from Cloudgate-Bazaar-Kids Cereal-Gummy Bear in J class for next May. So excite!
It seems that availabilities are expanding again. TeaParty, Rockaway and Crazy Mayor departures can also produce good results especially with long dated search.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 4:10 am

lokum to gummy is quite delicious.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
That's not good @ all ! This will kill some good still existing C3-C3 Routings
via C2 !
And nothing really positive ! @ least not with the recent product.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:23 am

flight cancelled

got a huge problem guys. I have chainsaw booked by an operating carrier that will be discontinuing that route. What options do I have? Can I show up to the airport and have the operating carrier provide me a different routing? Currently, I am scheduled to arrive in city A, but have no problems with being re-routed to city B, if they allow me. Or would I have to contact lifemiles? problem with contacting lifemiles is that chainsaw is no longer available on the dates that I had originally scheduled, nor any date range close to it. Please advise
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by babypuwet
got a huge problem guys. I have chainsaw booked by an operating carrier that will be discontinuing that route. What options do I have? Can I show up to the airport and have the operating carrier provide me a different routing? Currently, I am scheduled to arrive in city A, but have no problems with being re-routed to city B, if they allow me. Or would I have to contact lifemiles? problem with contacting lifemiles is that chainsaw is no longer available on the dates that I had originally scheduled, nor any date range close to it. Please advise
pfffffffft not easy. Is the discontinued part the one that starts from or ends on the tool, or a different flight in the routing (e.g. the intercontinental part)?

Last edited by WolfvanWeen; Jul 2, 2014 at 3:45 am Reason: clarity before charm
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
pfffffffft not easy. Is the discontinued part the one that starts from or ends on the tool, or a different flight in the routing (e.g. the intercontinental part)?
it is a two segment routing and this is the second part (the trans atlantic portion......) but the operating carrier does operate a different route to another city, will they simply re-route me to it? its about 5 hour drive away and I can live with that.....
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
it is a two segment routing and this is the second part (the trans atlantic portion......) but the operating carrier does operate a different route to another city, will they simply re-route me to it? its about 5 hour drive away and I can live with that.....
I would try to contact the operating carrier and ask.
The worst thing that can happen is they refer you back to Avianca.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
How far out is your trip?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The operating airline will most probably assist you infinding an alternative routing, but still ask you to contact AV to reissue the ticket with the new routing, since they don't have control of the coupon yet. Your only chance is to play dumb and show up at the airport, since at that point the operating airline gets control of the coupon(s) and can exchange/reissue them, if required.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.