Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Also try checking the Lufthansa search!
I was looking for MEX-MUC-OSL (LH has 2 daily flights, MEX-MUC and MEX-FRA), but the Smart Search only showed availability for MEX-FRA-OSL.
The Smart Search didn't even show availability for the direct flight MEX-MUC (without MUC-OSL).
In the end, I was able to find and book the MEX-MUC-OSL flight by choosing "Lufthansa" instead of "Smart Search".
So keep playing around with the options. But if it's not visible on the Lifemiles website, then your chances of getting it booked via customer service are basically zero.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
But if it's not visible on the Lifemiles website, then your chances of getting it booked via customer service are basically zero.
Nope, there are ways to make things "visible" on the web site
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
If it's visible, then it's not "not visible", is it? ;-)
milesforhire likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Nope, there are ways to make things "visible" on the web site
Is there anything you can share with us?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I inquired that from the member as well through a private message with no response. Don't hold you breath for an answer
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
You'd think if there was, it'd be shared by now
mlqsko likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:17 pm

The one thing that will sometimes reveal more space if you are airline specific instead of smart search or star alliance. This has been known for a while though
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Kraut
I inquired that from the member as well through a private message with no response. Don't hold you breath for an answer
Same here
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
My rule of thumb is if you don't share you have no credibility. Boaxting with no intent to share is a very poor reflection on the individual involved.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:15 pm

Okay, I ran across this. but unsure how to do it. Can anyone please help here or in Private? I am trying to book a couple of tickets for my parents. Thanks

You can book exactly the same flights that you see on UA and AC but you just need to inject the correct cookie to be able to see them
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:06 am

Okay, I ran across this. but unsure how to do it. Can anyone please help here or in Private? I am trying to book a couple of tickets for my parents. Thanks
I call ......... It would imply there’s some sort of “secret mode” on Lifemiles, as if certain users would have better access to award tickets. I doubt that.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
This is an old reference (3+ years), which relates to an older version of the website.

In the older version it was very easy to use developer tools in the browser to manipulate the front end.

That may still be the case, but in the current version it's beyond me.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
the old mask is def. gone, no more Script to search for "weired" stuff. Used it for myself several times, was great, but def. gone!
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:53 am

Okay, I think there is a way to show more flights than just a regular search for US to Europe. I was doing different searches with different airlines and once you use a certain airline for certain routing, then click on Star alliance, others show up that did not before. Number of seats on those flights still seem to be dictated by the partner airline though.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:08 am

There was this one suggestion up thread to search for train stations like QKL.
Lufthansa sells tickets there (with a train ticket included). I don’t know if that turns up any other results though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.