Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SingaporeDon
Originally Posted by Moderator2
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB and copy of passenger passport. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
this is about the same as it was. if your INET connection fails, you were able to call in and finish the booking. Space was usually given free again after exactly 72 hours. I once needed to do this on the point and it worked.
So this issue remains the same.
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Its always done that. I found that handy once as the payment failed but they had created a PNR so a call got the ticket issued.
TIL again. this engine certainly has its fair share of quirks.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:02 am

managed to call in and finish my booking. there was quite a bit of back and forth because the payment department busy/not open. i must say, i was a bit worried reading some of the complaints about their call center on this forum, but everyone i spoke to was rather friendly and seemed to know what they were doing
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Just realised my C2-C3 trick has disappeared with this new interface =(
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by pogonation
Yes, the TG/KTM trick is gone.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
Originally Posted by no_idea
Yes, the TG/KTM trick is gone.
all the tricks are gone with the new gui but still bookable with the old one.
hurry up, book and empty all your accounts if you're up to these 'deductable fares'
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:01 pm

found a C3-C2 city pair with mispriced Y awards.

only Y though, pity
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:28 am

Don't have the required number of miles to click through till the end, but 1 small advantage of this new interface seems to be that -even for 2 tix- there is more LH F availability ...
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:33 am

seems like they rolled back the new interface? only can see the new interface on argentina now and its barely showing any results
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:03 am

theres a new US/Europe region based chart
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
How do you manage you search for DUS-NRT, specifically selecting NH as the airline of choice? The form doesn't recognize DUS..
It does in the general search, though. Weird.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by igor82j
How do you manage you search for DUS-NRT, specifically selecting NH as the airline of choice? The form doesn't recognize DUS..
It does in the general search, though. Weird.
Aside from digging into firefly on Firefox on old interface, you could try specifying departure time.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Aside from digging into firefly on Firefox on old interface, you could try specifying departure time.
Does specifying departure time without specifying the airport help?
The DUS-NRT flight does show up in the general search, but i wanted to do the DUS-NRT-IAH, for example, and for that i need to select the airline first. That's where the DUS disappears from the airport list.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by igor82j
Does specifying departure time without specifying the airport help?
The DUS-NRT flight does show up in the general search, but i wanted to do the DUS-NRT-IAH, for example, and for that i need to select the airline first. That's where the DUS disappears from the airport list.
DUS-NRT and DUS-IAH via NRT are very different issues here.
For just DUS-NRT, you could select "star alliance" and set the departure time to 6pm, to increase your chances of NH210 (8pm departure) showing up.
FYI, NH210 is one of very few non-stop or one-stop DUS-NRT flights that leave past 6pm, so your chances of the direct flight showing up are good (of course, if there is availability)

For DUS-IAH via NRT (NH210 then NH174), you would of course need other things to work in your favor for you to even get a result. Obviously you know that NH210 arrives at 3:25 pm next day after departure, and NH174 departs 10:50am the next day after that (a 19 hour + layover at NRT, meaning it wont show on LM website)
This is all based on the old website interface.
Forget about getting something on the new web interface.

You could try screen-shots, but you have a very low chance of getting it priced as one one-way award.

Firebug on firefox tricks to manipulate departure airport and time inputs are not for the faint-hearted, but you wouldnt get a result because of the layover noted above.

Why not go the Atlantic route?

Last edited by Tokyoite; Oct 26, 2017 at 4:00 am
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:17 am

No one would be interested in NRT/GUM/HKG, UA J.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Firefly on firefox tricks to manipulate departure airport and time inputs are not for the faint-hearted, but you wouldnt get a result because of the layover noted above.

Why not go the Atlantic route?
Well, DUS-NRT-MEX doesn't have the layover issue, but still doesn't show up.
The problem is that DUS doesn't appear as departure/arrival city AT ALL, when forcing the search engine to NH.

There is no issue with BRU, for example. But i just don't see availability ex-BRU, while it does exist ex-DUS when i search by segment.

Atlantic route is too short I want two NH long hauls for the price of one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.