Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 8, 16, 3:57 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TrAAveller
Wiki Link
Originally Posted by Moderator2 View Post
Every forum on Flyertalk has a personality. A forum gains a personality through user input over time, and Lifemiles is a very definitive example of how users have developed a unique community.

While Flyertalk boards actively encourage sharing of info, the Lifemiles community has developed and thrived via obscuring of certain data elements. It may not be easy for new participants to break through the codes and gain knowledge of the program's quirks, but the overall board community has adopted this unique approach. And frankly, that is not going to change overnight.

If a FT member wants to participate on this board, then they will need to respect other users. Hence, posts that run counter to this community's standards, will be removed.
Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

LifeMiles' old Star Alliance Award Chart (before Oct 15 2014) // Table of changes

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).

Understand Cabotage: Departing country 1, transiting country 2, returning to country 1 (no stopping) *is* cabotage (example: depart JFK, connect in YYZ to return to ORD, or depart Miami, connect in Bogota, return to San Francisco). On the other hand, departing country 1, going to completely unrelated country 2, and ending up in country 3, is not cabotage. So if you fly JFK-JNB-ZRH, for instance, this is completely not cabotage.

Availability: Seeing availability for *A award seats elsewhere is no guarantee they are accessible on Lifemiles. For instance award space shown on ANA often is not accessible on Lifemiles. Similarly, finding award space on single legs doesn't mean you'll get award space on the combined itinerary. And no, there is no way to overcome that.

Screenshot Method
Send email to [email protected] with attached screenshots on Lifemiles website of each individual leg showing availability. Also, screenshot showing no availability as one booking. Include passenger names, gender and DOB. They will either call you for payment or email the itinerary and give you 3 days to call up and make payment by CC.

NOTE: This previous thread has been closed; it can be read here LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)
Print Wikipost

Old May 30, 14, 2:01 pm

Hi all,

I have a question. Can we talk open about all? I ve found some tricks. But what about saws, loops, irsh, and so on? Which one are still going?

Or better per message? Who help me?
Old May 30, 14, 2:43 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Temporary plug?

Looking at the remaining C2>C3 boomer (35K), LM shows no availabity whatsoever for the next months, while the flights are clearly availabe (on ANA tools and KVS) even for next week. However, if you look far into the calendar say November, then LM shows availability again...

We are talking about the exact same flight combinations here, so mileage/25% of longest leg/timetable arguments in our recent discussions (they are highly interesting and useful though! ) won't explain this case? Could it be that LM just applied a dirty and quick patch to temporarily disable some routes?
Old May 30, 14, 2:52 pm

For those interested in flying SQ F suites on A380 nows your chance SIN > DEL
Seems to be avail. most of next week haven't checked beyond that
Old May 30, 14, 3:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges

Seven posts today that deviated into blog bashing have been removed from this thread. Again, we ask that posts abide by the forum rules, stick to the topic and avoid ad hominem remarks. This is our final request on this matter - future violations will be subject to disciplinary measures.

Prospero
on behalf of the Senior Moderator team
Old May 30, 14, 3:22 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by imverge View Post
For those interested in flying SQ F suites on A380 nows your chance SIN > xxx
Firstly Many to the Poster - other might not choose to share....

Really, all that fuss over a 5'10 min flight ?

Not doubting anyone else's priorities here, just seems like a short flight to justify so much interest.

Just to clarify, does the rumored long-haul availability referred to upthread exist on the 380 (in 'R') or just on the 777 in 'F' ?

Last edited by catharsis; May 30, 14 at 4:03 pm
Old May 30, 14, 4:11 pm

Programs: (Worldperks),AA,Delta,SPG,Priority
Well, I am still finding C1 across the pond via other C's....................
Old May 30, 14, 4:15 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by X32nice View Post
Hi all,

I have a question. Can we talk open about all? I ve found some tricks. But what about saws, loops, irsh, and so on? Which one are still going?

I don't think we should talk open to anything. Even not the reserches about the boomerang algorythm of LM or Amadeus as it was discussed few pages ago... There are still a few tricks of LM working and with every detail we run the risk, that LM closes all those holes forever! At the moment we don't have the confirmation, that all not working tricks were cancelled by LM or if it is just a combination of their IT and lack of availability... Just think about when the UA flights were not bookable with LM... They came back, we don't know the exact reason why they temporarily were not bookable...

Somebodies action called the attention of LM about their holes... So I would not wonder, if they also read what we're writing here, as in this DOT claim FT was mentioned.

So we better keep it on the safe side!
Old May 30, 14, 4:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Of course lm are reading it. This is a forum dedicated to their program.
Old May 30, 14, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by nilokerus View Post
Why are people still trying to fly a cabotage route? A proven terrible idea.
As noted, plenty of people likely already booked tickets before all of this happened. At that point, with how things have already gone down, there's little harm for everyone in such a situation to just go, try to fly, and either fly or get compensated for being allowed to book the ticket. All parties are aware, so it isn't as though anyone is blowing any secret. That happened a while ago. Doesn't make what happened right of course, but now we are forced to make the best of a bad situation.

Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Firstly Many to the Poster - other might not choose to share....

Really, all that fuss over a 5'10 min flight ?

Not doubting anyone else's priorities here, just seems like a short flight to justify so much interest.

Just to clarify
Refers to the pirate's favorite class (how is that for bad coding , and no it isn't steerage ). They switched from 2x daily on other planes to 1x daily on this one, so there are no other possible nonstop options. Similarly short to me. It is actually less miles with the direct program, and there's plenty of similar space on even cheaper flights with the direct program.

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer View Post
Of course lm are reading it. This is a forum dedicated to their program.
I'm shocked, shocked any airline would monitor a forum dedicated to discussing it!
Old May 30, 14, 6:33 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond ( Thank Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by imverge View Post
For those interested in flying SQ F suites on A380 nows your chance SIN > DEL
25/40/55 miles Y/J/F one way- expensive for such a short flight, but I guess may be worth it to experience SQ F! By the way, not sure if it is First Suites or the new first class non-suites product.

Last edited by SingaporeDon; May 30, 14 at 6:39 pm
Old May 30, 14, 7:26 pm

According to your join date, you apparently donít know the glitches (otherwise you will know whether they are alive) and want to know it by asking folks to reveal it. You should put more effort BY YOURSELF, not just asking for help.

Originally Posted by X32nice View Post
Hi all,

Old May 30, 14, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon View Post
25/40/55 miles Y/J/F one way- expensive for such a short flight, but I guess may be worth it to experience SQ F! By the way, not sure if it is First Suites or the new first class non-suites product.
Would be Suites. All A380s are Suites. Even at 1.5 cpm, this is still $825 plus tax which is quite expensive just to experience it on a barely 5 hour flight, even if using The Private Room before. Just my thoughts .
Old May 30, 14, 8:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by TheBOSman View Post
Would be Suites. All A380s are Suites. Even at 1.5 cpm, this is still $825 plus tax which is quite expensive just to experience it on a barely 5 hour flight, even if using The Private Room before. Just my thoughts .
... and if my experience is any indication (I've yet to get to it in my travel report) then you will probably kind of wonder whether the whole thing was even worth all the hype. :P
Old May 31, 14, 1:42 am

I ve found some c1 c2 boomers in aug. Seems you must adjust the search a bit
Old May 31, 14, 2:25 am
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef

Programs: TK Elite+
I wonder if this thread will die down now that the promotion is over!

Search this Thread