Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything "sold out" today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
On FB they told me to be flexible with redemption dates. How funny…

Other users commented however that they don`t provide any specific replies to any query, so let´s see where that goes.

Via twitter, they at least asked for additional details.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Also received a very generic response... "award tickets subject to availability"

Have already replied, we'll see how it goes...
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:57 am

oh so sad
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:42 am

I emailed them last week about the issue and on April 24th I got this email response:
"It is a pleasure to greet you.

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback regarding the situation when booking flights through our website. We have addressed the situation to our internal area for further advice related to this matter. As soon as we get a response from this department, we will contact you back by these same means informing the follow up of your case.

We appreciate your understanding in advance.

Kind regards"
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by pilotjustin
I emailed them last week about the issue and on April 24th I got this email response:
"It is a pleasure to greet you.

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback regarding the situation when booking flights through our website. We have addressed the situation to our internal area for further advice related to this matter. As soon as we get a response from this department, we will contact you back by these same means informing the follow up of your case.

We appreciate your understanding in advance.

Kind regards"
Sounds promising. I think we should send more emails - what address did you send your email to? Can you also post a brief description of what you emailed ? Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:11 pm

I emailed [email protected] I basically told them that I thought that they have a technical problem in their system for searching United award availability...specifically domestic flights. I told them how all the other star alliance members are showing United award availability for the flights that I'm searching except for Lifemiles.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by pilotjustin
I emailed [email protected] I basically told them that I thought that they have a technical problem in their system for searching United award availability...specifically domestic flights. I told them how all the other star alliance members are showing United award availability for the flights that I'm searching except for Lifemiles.
I just did as well. Will report back if they respond.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Love it: they won a Freddie Award for - get this - : "Best Redemption Ability in the Americas"
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
And yes, they've been working on the system. I can now see UA direct flights, for instance FRA-EWR, (apparently if there are other flights by other carriers on the same route, though I haven't tested this thoroughly). still can't book them.
And still don't see EWR-IAH.

PS After sending a detailed email about the UA problem to Brian, my new dedicated customer service representative on Facebook, he is going to "escalate" this. If ever you wondered why they were in the top box for customer service at Freddie, too....
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Air Canada availability also isn't showing up. Hopefully they are fixing this as well as the United problem.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:28 am

OS flights were never bookable and the promised to fix this for more than 18 months ...
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:01 am

Everything "sold out" today

I was able to see the gummy bear on united's sites, but not on Avianca's. All legs were United flights.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by PitPirate
I just did as well. Will report back if they respond.
Here was their response:

It is a pleasure to greet you.

Thank you very much for reporting to us the inconveniences when booking flights through our website with United. We have addressed the situation to our internal area for further advice and they are currently investigating it. At the moment, we do not have a specific time frame when this matter will be resolved, reason why we kindly ask your valuable time while the appropriate department manages the case.

We appreciate your comprehension in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:33 pm

Nevermind

Last edited by DarrellDoesDallas; Apr 30, 2014 at 6:37 pm Reason: Too soon for upbeat jokes
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.