Does Lifemiles offer RTW redemption?

Old Aug 19, 13, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Question Does Lifemiles offer RTW redemption?

Something like QF does with a 140k economy award or a 280k Business.. I think AAdvantage has something similar?

Wondering if I can purchase the maximum number of miles and use to redeem a RTW itinerary. I don't mind having limited stops.. Just wondering if such a thing exists with Lifemiles.. Tried searching the website and also FT but nothing..

If there is can you also please share a link and how many miles are required in Y/J/F
Old Aug 19, 13, 5:26 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Sorry, but LOL! Lifemiles is about as far away from offering an option like that as you can get.

You can consider Lifemiles redemptions pretty much point to point. No RTW option. Whatever you can book on the website is all you can get.
Old Aug 19, 13, 6:11 am

If you ust want to fly around the world - You can get a near RTW itinerary without ANY stopovers.
Old Aug 19, 13, 8:47 am

You are better off to book all segments as ONE WAY around the world and if you know how to "work it" it will be cheaper than a regular RTW award
Old Aug 19, 13, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by imverge View Post
You are better off to book all segments as ONE WAY around the world and if you know how to "work it" it will be cheaper than a regular RTW award
Old Aug 19, 13, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Originally Posted by imverge View Post
do you mean booking the award, cancelling and then getting reimbursed for miles etc? Haven't read about any other interesting Lifemiles tricks...
Old Aug 19, 13, 10:52 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by zainman View Post
do you mean booking the award, cancelling and then getting reimbursed for miles etc? Haven't read about any other interesting Lifemiles tricks...
There are lots of tricks! Dust off your enigma machine and have a look at the LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) thread.
Old Aug 20, 13, 12:31 am

Couldn't help but laugh at this thread when I read it. Lifemiles and its agents can barely handle longish connections!

Search this Thread