Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A big THANK YOU TACA!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Voyager Platinum, LifeMiles Diamond, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Tsogo Sun Director
A big THANK YOU TACA!

I'm a bit late in writing this post as this happened a while a go as I've read a couple of comments about not expecting the same level of service as you would in the U.S I felt uncomfortable not reporting what happened to me, which was the complete opposite, a level of service I've never had a U.S carrier provide, two different things happened:

Event 1 @ GRU, Brazil

I arrived for check-in as a silver member at the occasion with my family, I'd be invited for the lounge but not them, as per their rule book, the agent granted access for me, my son and my wife. You can't count on this but it made my journey certainly more enjoyable.

Event 2 @ Lima, Peru

My son and wife and I parted ways in the way to the airport and their driver ran over somebody and stopped to provide assistance, the agent checked us in with our luggage tags as we waited for my team that arrived 30 minutes before the flight, they managed to get their bags in the plane, guide us through security and got us in the plane just as the door closed, we were traveling in Y but they still got our upgrades through and so we landed a couple of C seats.

All in all, this is my thank you Taca(or Avianca now), there still are people working in airports.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Can you elaborate about the part about "Their driver ran over somebody?"
I'll make sure and watch out for traffic when I visit Lima next time.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Exclamation

You mean thank you AVIANCA, I thought TACA was no more
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Voyager Platinum, LifeMiles Diamond, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Tsogo Sun Director
Originally Posted by stinger101
Can you elaborate about the part about "Their driver ran over somebody?"
I'll make sure and watch out for traffic when I visit Lima next time.
I'm sorry, the driver was not at fault, the guy was pushing a cart and started crossing the street, as we were going kinda fast the was not enough time to stop, everything was ok at the end, not even a broken leg.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You mean thank you AVIANCA, I thought TACA was no more
I got confused by all those TACA uniforms and planes.......sorry for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.