Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:15 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by aviationp
I have the exact same problem; I tried different cards, browsers and even operating systems, but all resulted in the same issue
It might be that I have a UK based AMEX?

I called in to purchase the points -16 hours ago but they haven't yet posted to my account yet. Lets see...
Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by G_G
Does anybody try to make two purchases ?
Under previous promos, yes; and it worked for me.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
twice

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Under previous promos, yes; and it worked for me.
hi

i bought twice with the amex this time.
the miles post instantly

dp
Old Apr 14, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Originally Posted by hsk
It might be that I have a UK based AMEX?

I called in to purchase the points -16 hours ago but they haven't yet posted to my account yet. Lets see...
I tried both Amex and Visa
Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by aviationp
I have the exact same problem; I tried different cards, browsers and even operating systems, but all resulted in the same issue
I'm had the same problem with Chrome and Firefox browsers, but it worked just fine with IE 8. Bonus miles posted instantaneously.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:04 am
hsk

Eventually bought the points on the telephone using the AmEx, deposited after two days.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Just filled up 75K+75K, UK Amex failed, but MC processed and posted immediately.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:55 pm

Hi,
I was trying to purchase lifemiles these two days, but both my AMEX and Discover card failed several times. The CC company said no problem. But Lifemiles' web page kept saying "Please enter other credit card" and showed the same purchase page.
What would be the problem? My other Visa CC has foreign thansaction fee so I don't want to use.
Thank you for any info!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by lycsky
Hi,
I was trying to purchase lifemiles these two days, but both my AMEX and Discover card failed several times. The CC company said no problem. But Lifemiles' web page kept saying "Please enter other credit card" and showed the same purchase page.
What would be the problem? My other Visa CC has foreign thansaction fee so I don't want to use.
Thank you for any info!
i've been experiencing the same problems. tried 3 different cards, 3 different browsers as well as different OS's to no avail. going to have to call the call center and purchase the miles that way
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Edwin124
i've been experiencing the same problems. tried 3 different cards, 3 different browsers as well as different OS's to no avail. going to have to call the call center and purchase the miles that way
I have a strong feeling that what is causing the issues here is the way the address fields have been set up. When the cards are sent for auth, the system rejects the cards as the address fields do not match the cardholder details with the cc company. Just a hunch.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:56 am
hsk

Not too sure it's CC issue. Called my CC and they had no query, no authorisation request, nothing from LifeMile. Called in and got points after 2 days.

Problem is... the same CC glitch's now making booking flights a PITA!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I have a strong feeling that what is causing the issues here is the way the address fields have been set up. When the cards are sent for auth, the system rejects the cards as the address fields do not match the cardholder details with the cc company. Just a hunch.
The authorization request does not reach the bank. The credit card problems are on the LifeMiles end.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:43 pm

was able to buy miles today with no problem. under address i was using mailing before, changed it to other and it worked fine. not sure if that was the problem or not but it worked for me.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Edwin124
was able to buy miles today with no problem. under address i was using mailing before, changed it to other and it worked fine. not sure if that was the problem or not but it worked for me.
Did you use an AMEX card ?

Edit:
OK finally managed to buy. What a waste of many hours!!

Last edited by lsed; Apr 24, 2013 at 11:37 am
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:38 pm

I've made a stupid and costly mistake - I've bought 100k miles.
Actually the page https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/ear/tr...eepurproc.aspx doesn't have any limits. And I've ended up with 100k miles for $3k! I didn't even get the 75k bonus.
I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions what to do and who to contact now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.