Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
So US residents have to pay tax on these while the rest of the world does not?
No. People get confused about this every single promo! They quote a cost which includes the maximum taxes payable in particular countries. The USD17.70 quoted is nothing new. The vast majority of the world continues to pay USD15 just like before.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Its easy enough to login and find out
Old Jul 4, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Theoretically could one buy 1k miles at "retail" price and then trade back and forth between accounts to generate unlimited miles @ 1.7c?
Anyone know the answer to this?
How many times can you share between accounts?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by jaywhy
Anyone know the answer to this?
How many times can you share between accounts?
Actually, I have same question.
Is it allowed A account share 75k for B and C accounts respectively?
Ex. A share 75k to B, and B got 75k+75k
A share 75k to C, and C got 75k+75k
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: TK Elite
T&C's available here in English:
https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...f.aspx?D=DOF81
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:43 am

Thanks for your reply.
From T&C's:
Maximum transfer miles per member per year: LM 150.000. (Includes promotional transfer miles bonuses).

I still confused about that, is "Includes promotional transfer miles bonuses" meaning receive member or deliver member? Because delivery member will not get bonuses when transfer miles, so A account can share 75k and 75k to B and C accounts receptively, right?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by ShangYing
Thanks for your reply.
From T&C's:
Maximum transfer miles per member per year: LM 150.000. (Includes promotional transfer miles bonuses).

I still confused about that, is "Includes promotional transfer miles bonuses" meaning receive member or deliver member? Because delivery member will not get bonuses when transfer miles, so A account can share 75k and 75k to B and C accounts receptively, right?
Why so difficult, one always can buy nearly unlimited miles for 15 $ and 8 Cent per 1000 miles. But one needs @ least 60 % from what one wants to buy in account ( you have 600k you can buy 900k for 13.575 US $
But of course if you only have 60k in account, you only can buy 90k and then them cost 15,83 $ per 1k

Last edited by bertheike; Jul 4, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Old Jul 5, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Gold
Can you just create a dummy account now to receive the transfer and transfer out? or do accounts need to be open for a period of time in order to qualify for this offer?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
Can you just create a dummy account now to receive the transfer and transfer out? or do accounts need to be open for a period of time in order to qualify for this offer?
Yes, you can sign up someone new and the transfers will still work immediately.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by tng11
Yes, you can sign up someone new and the transfers will still work immediately.
Thanks ^
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Theoretically could one buy 1k miles at "retail" price and then trade back and forth between accounts to generate unlimited miles @ 1.7c?
I need 166k miles (I know max transfer won't cover this). I'm thinking my bank would have a meltdown over the number of transactions .
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Star Alliance Award Spaces not shown on LM.com

I am relatively new to Lifemiles. Their website is certainly not the easiest to use.

I am looking for an award ticket from South East Asia back to Chicago in late July. UA.com shows plenty availability on different routes, but it is all "sold out" on LM.com.

Really weird.

@ORD
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by @ORD
I am relatively new to Lifemiles. Their website is certainly not the easiest to use.

I am looking for an award ticket from South East Asia back to Chicago in late July. UA.com shows plenty availability on different routes, but it is all "sold out" on LM.com.

Really weird.

@ORD
LM doesn't show long layovers/overnights most of the time. That might be the problem.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by @ORD

Really weird.

@ORD
List one and we will help u debug.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by geclub1
List one and we will help u debug.
I am looking at PNH => ORD on July 19th/20th.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.