Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:27 am

Bonus is displayed on the purchase page, when you select a number a miles to buy. It appears below as "BONUS: xxxxx". If you didn't see that, you're out of luck.

SingaporeDon, in 2012 - May, Sep, and Dec. History shows that they do it every 3-4 months so far.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Terms & Conditions say

" Applies only to members enrolled in the program prior to April 8th, 2013 ".

I guess if you signed up today, 8 April 2013, you do not qualify for the bonus
Yeah, thanks! I wished they'd warned me before letting the transaction go through. I called TACA and they were able to cancel the transaction and refunded the money.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by imm2b
Yeah, thanks! I wished they'd warned me before letting the transaction go through. I called TACA and they were able to cancel the transaction and refunded the money.
Read the conditions. You were warned!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:10 pm

Did I messed up? Just became a member today, brought 30K, it posted immediately, but the bonus didn't post. Will it post later or am I out of luck? I wish it would stop me from buying if I am not eligible for the bonus.
Lucky you!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:41 pm

If I purchase 75K and get 100% bonus for a total of 150,000 LM am I done for the year?

Or can I still purchase 75K more the next time this promo comes up? (So that after another future promo my total actually purchased is 150K and there just happened to be a bonus the times I purchased - for a max of 300K in the year)

T&C state a max of number of miles to buy during a calendar year is 150,000 but I'd like to hear from others if they have managed to do this twice a year.

Also am I missing it or is there no option to gift miles with this promo? (and just an option to transfer a max of 50K per calendar year?)

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
can anyone correct me if I'm wrong:

the 100% bonus is only for miles purchased outright, not when you're booking a flight and choosing to use less miles, more $$$ correct?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
can anyone correct me if I'm wrong:
the 100% bonus is only for miles purchased outright, not when you're booking a flight and choosing to use less miles, more $$$ correct?
Correct. The bonus is only on the outright purchase of miles, and unrelated to buying miles when you are booking a flight.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by SFO777
Correct. The bonus is only on the outright purchase of miles, and unrelated to buying miles when you are booking a flight.
ah good... so I don't feel bad booking a flight using that option just four days ago

will have to stock up on the minimum soon though to take advantage of that option again
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: AA-1MM
Sorry in advance...just in case I get flamed.....but looking for the online award availability tool to see how the miles and cash thing would work out.....can anyone please put up a link or directions on how to find it if logged in? I only get their services using the online tool that I can find......no *A availability on it....

Many thanks....

Last edited by AKLDUBFlyer; Apr 9, 2013 at 3:25 am
Old Apr 9, 2013, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AKLDUBFlyer
Sorry in advance...just in case I get flamed.....but looking for the online award availability tool to see how the miles and cash thing would work out.....can anyone please put up a link or directions on how to find it if logged in? I only get their services using the online tool that I can find......no *A availability on it....
Many thanks....
No flame, just unclear as to what you want, so I'll guess.
Use LifeMiles to try a dummy booking. Select a flight. It will then show you the mileage requirement. Click on the Buy More Miles tab and it adds in 1,000 increments. IME, those extra Buy More miles usually work out to about 1.3 cpm on average.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:07 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
No flame, just unclear as to what you want, so I'll guess.
Use LifeMiles to try a dummy booking. Select a flight. It will then show you the mileage requirement. Click on the Buy More Miles tab and it adds in 1,000 increments. IME, those extra Buy More miles usually work out to about 1.3 cpm on average.
When I tryto use "more miles" instead of "more money", I get 1K miles = $30 or 3 cpm. How come I don't see it as 1.3 cpm?

Update - umm... just thinking maybe because I haven't purchased miles yet :-)

Last edited by zh; Apr 9, 2013 at 6:14 am Reason: Update
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:13 am

The more you buy, the less you pay When you use 60% it is 1.27cpm

Eg. RT in C US-EU is 105k miles - 40% is 42,000 and for $803.88 you buy the rest (63,000). Do the math.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zh
When I tryto use "more miles" instead of "more money", I get 1K miles = $30 or 3 cpm. How come I don't see it as 1.3 cpm?
Keep clicking on more miles. You will see the cost for incremental miles drop significantly. If buy 20K or more miles, incremental miles at the upper end drop to less than 1 cpm. Buying 20-30-40K more miles you will see the net drop to around 1.3 cpm.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
The more you buy, the less you pay When you use 60% it is 1.27cpm

Eg. RT in C US-EU is 105k miles - 40% is 42,000 and for $803.88 you buy the rest (63,000). Do the math.
Yep.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
If I purchase 75K and get 100% bonus for a total of 150,000 LM am I done for the year?

Or can I still purchase 75K more the next time this promo comes up? (So that after another future promo my total actually purchased is 150K and there just happened to be a bonus the times I purchased - for a max of 300K in the year)

T&C state a max of number of miles to buy during a calendar year is 150,000 but I'd like to hear from others if they have managed to do this twice a year.

Also am I missing it or is there no option to gift miles with this promo? (and just an option to transfer a max of 50K per calendar year?)

Thanks!

Can someone confirm this? If I bought 150K includes the bonus, and when there is another promo during the same year, will I be able to buy more? Because USAirways allows one to buy more during the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.