Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
I checked last week, the availability was spotty -- only Y if you drink beer last, Y and J if beer first.
So this could be an availability problem, or as common with LM "it comes and goes", hopefully will be back again soon
Availability existed last week on this for sure, flew one a few days ago.

Edit - might not be dead... very little availability on duckie
Old May 23, 2014, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
C'mon J, your insight would always be welcome
I'm happy to answer any questions via PM
Old May 23, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
Availability existed last week on this for sure, flew one a few days ago.

Edit - might not be dead... very little availability on duckie
Yes. I know you can be lucky and score something within the next month but I am looking for something in late September to early November and its nada, niet, zero availability.

They sell miles but have worthless availability at this moment. I won't buy this time.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Maayan
Great. Who's right and who's wrong? I think scibuff is right, but oliver has been around the block a few more times...
Hmm... indeed, so AM would be free to sell PHX-MEX-YYZ vv as one ticket?@:-)
Old May 23, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Hmm... indeed, so AM would be free to sell PHX-MEX-YYZ vv as one ticket?@:-)
why not? AC sells PHX-YYZ-NAS.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
NAS is not in the US or CA.@:-)

AM has no fares between the US and CA. An example:

Code:
FQDPHXYTO/AAM                                                                   
NO FARE ON THIS MARKET/CXR
Old May 23, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by LH630
They sell miles but have worthless availability at this moment. I won't buy this time.
In fairness... almost every carrier sells miles, and every carrier has the exact same [worthless] availability. Not really sure how this can in any way be perceived to be the fault of Avianca - you'd have access to the same inventory if you were booking with Aeroplan points, United miles, etc.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lowside67
In fairness... almost every carrier sells miles, and every carrier has the exact same [worthless] availability. Not really sure how this can in any way be perceived to be the fault of Avianca - you'd have access to the same inventory if you were booking with Aeroplan points, United miles, etc.
Not quite I'd say. After all you can't get OS with LM, UA let's you fly EI (shall one wish to do so) and UA quite often shows more availability than you can book in LM's crappy engine, even when trying to force it.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by LH630
I can't seem to find any availability at all arriving into Irish Pub. Is it dead? I checked Sept/Oct and almost every airport in C2.
KVS shows availability from BRU and back to Irish Pub the same day but when I search on Lifemiles I don't get any results.

DEAD ROUTING?
Agreed - Irish Pub is definitely Dead, nothing until November :-(
I did see lot of availability on United but nothing on LM. Even in reverse Chainsaw am not getting anything. Any other ideas anyone ?
Old May 23, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Boomerang is dead - was working yesterday, but now it looks to be gone
Old May 23, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by XMS91
Old May 23, 2014, 6:16 pm

I'm sure (cringing hopefully) it will be back, right? Doesn't woodcutter come and go too?
Old May 23, 2014, 7:01 pm

I searched this morning for the first time in a while and couldn't get any to come up (when they should have) but thought it was me. My fault for waiting (or not having any more vacation days due to other trips.)
Old May 23, 2014, 8:38 pm

i've done a bit more testing and it looks like 90% great wall/massage/sling/experience international frequent flyer/duckies/maple bommeranges intra region c1 c2 c3 c6 are gone? this is sooooo sad

please pm if you've found something i haven't

seems like the aviancinization of routes fixed the other things
Old May 23, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: -
Just got a boomerang booked on Wednesday... may be I will be one of the last ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.