Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:39 pm

Shanye2233 posted it publicly almost 6 months ago (and the post is still there for all to see!) and nothing bad has happened. Hopefully the blog post will not have much impact either. Who is it this time, the cucumber again?

EDIT: nope, it's not on the cucumber's blog. But a good laugh there reading his rant about Delta. How infantile.

Last edited by Maayan; Mar 1, 2014 at 12:55 pm
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Will pm you the detail.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Maayan

EDIT: nope, it's not on the cucumber's blog. But a good laugh there reading his rant about Delta. How infantile.
I didn't think he even flew Delta lol
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by dewby
Chainsaw has gone public without code on a blog.

Was only a matter of time.

Can someone PM me this blog? I apparently don't read this one. (And yes, I'm aware of what the chainsaw is.)
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Relax, statistically speaking nothing will happen. Big mouth just needs to attract attention.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
I don't know which blog it is but definitely someone who is crying for attention. People should just ignore it and it will eventually die down.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: United, AA, Avianca

I actually respected this bloggers content until today. I don't understand these bloggers! Are they that greedy! There are some rules to blogging and some things that do not need to be spelled out.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:05 pm

well it depends on whether a private mailing list = spreading the word

(it's not me if you're concerned)
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by yerffej201
well it depends on whether a private mailing list = spreading the word

(it's not me if you're concerned)
Depends how private it is and what the joining criteria are. I'm on one where every new member is heavily vetted, at this point we even require an in-person meeting before someone new can join. We don't mess around .
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:21 pm

Pretty sure anyone can subscribe to that mailing list, but then there isn't anything in it which has not been posted around here many times over
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
I think bloggers may be posting tricks to pimp their sign-up bonus for the recent 40K LM Credit Card
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SKYMILES Medallion, LH Senator AF KL AC
Originally Posted by DarrellDoesDallas
Some d-bag posted it all over FWF (fat wallet) and gave a ridiculously derailed post about dropping the last leg of XXX. Posts on FW scare me. I voted it down. More ppl need to vote it d9wn
Please revise your post. No need to increase expose more than what has already happened.

Today I was told of a 5th way of getting from C1E to C3 at the very cheapest level which does not involve any Island or any Peninsula, so there is hope if traditional things go down. Let me know if this is too specific and I will edit. Even C1-C4 can be "attractive".

Last edited by IGOPLACES; Mar 1, 2014 at 10:43 pm
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by IGOPLACES
Please revise your post. No need to increase expose more than what has already happened.

Today I was told of a 5th way of getting from C1E to C3 at the very cheapest level which does not involve any Island or any Peninsula, so there is hope if traditional things go down. Let me know if this is too specific and I will edit. Even C1-C4 can be "attractive".
I didnt even notice that I did that, sorry it took a while to edit the post, but yes that forum post is upsetting because that forum is MUCH MUCH bigger than the blogs
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I also had respect for that particular site and newsletter before.

The problem is in this post it details lots about LM and the actual costs. It even links it to this forum with hyperlink.

It spells out clearly chainsaw and a few other things that I have not seen in so plain language anywhere else.

Let's hope it is a storm in a tea cup but his exact words are book it while you can before it's gone.

Very un helpful

You will note I have not mentioned the name of the blog and nor will I.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by SFOvacations
I think bloggers may be posting tricks to pimp their sign-up bonus for the recent 40K LM Credit Card
I was under the impression US Bank paid out affliate bonuses of somewhere between small and zero, so that's why we didn't normally see much of this card before?

The 40k offer may have some marketing spend directed towards affliate links, but I wouldn't have any actual idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.