Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by creditor
I'm still showing..
we're talking about yvr-muc and yul-muc and v.v? afaik f space in advance got pulled a while ago...
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: Avis Chm, LM Boomielatinum
Originally Posted by yerffej201:22399275
Originally Posted by creditor
I'm still showing..
we're talking about yvr-muc and yul-muc and v.v? afaik f space in advance got pulled a while ago...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:19 am

@yerffej201
There is no FCT in MUC.
(and your mentioned routes were still available last Thursday, but you can count on it that now any available space left will vanish faster than a drop of water in the desert)
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
@yerffej201
There is no FCT in MUC.
(and your mentioned routes were still available last Thursday, but you can count on it that now any available space left will vanish faster than a drop of water in the desert)
They were gone beginning of last week. At least for me.

And it was already published on a lot of places as it wasn't available just on LM. So another post here doesn't really matter much...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:43 pm

Yes, I know there's no FCT in MUC.
Yes, the YVR/YUL-MUC and v.v. space has already been pulled.
Yes, there is some LH F space available in advance.
No, I don't think anything has changed.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Just on my trip with using Russia trick. I did OLCI and have only 2 pieces of cabin luggage. There is nobody who would be interested in seeing my russian visa.

BTW, are there only 3 cities in Asia ( + 2 final destinationsin russia) where you can get using this trick?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by ulus
Just on my trip with using Russia trick. I did OLCI and have only 2 pieces of cabin luggage. There is nobody who would be interested in seeing my russian visa.

BTW, are there only 3 cities in Asia ( + 2 final destinationsin russia) where you can get using this trick?
Surprising. AC normally won't issue BPs during OLCI if visa/passport verification is required.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:47 am

Interesting. Which airline do you fly to Asia?

Cities can vary, especially if you depart after dawn. Two cities at the moment.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Interesting. Which airline do you fly to Asia?

Cities can vary, especially if you depart after dawn. Two cities at the moment.
I think almost everyone here knows russia trick and use this for ICN trips. But using the same trick you can get to 2 other cities, one of them is also well known. Starting point and airline is a key here, that is why can't tell this on public.
Very useful connection, unfortunatelly not widely open.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: TK*G, BA Silver, LH FTL
I think almost everyone here knows russia trick and use this for ICN trips. But using the same trick you can get to 2 other cities, one of them is also well known. Starting point and airline is a key here, that is why can't tell this on public.
Very useful connection, unfortunatelly not widely open.
I agree with ulus here...there's at least two other cities where this trick is working. However, I would actually say that both are very well known, so maybe we are talking about different things here.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: SEN
I am aware of a 4th city but availability is limited. If you take the second flight you can also get to the city that was already mentioned.

Rather risky w/o a visa as the transit excuse doesn't work.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Seems one of the far off US territories frequented by lots of Japanese and good for diving, has now been rezoned. It's northern sister still seems the same though
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by lsed
Seems one of the far off US territories frequented by lots of Japanese and good for diving, has now been rezoned. It's northern sister still seems the same though
And the first trick death by overexposure happens.

I'm not blaming lsed of course in any way, thanks for noting that it happened. It is those who feel the need to spread widely, and as a result uncontrollably, who should reassess their methods. Looks like cost of tickets to that point have exceeded cost of fixing it. Very unfortunate.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Feb 27, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by lsed
Which one got rezoned?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
And the first death by overexposure goes to:
Are you saying I'm killing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.