Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Oh you funny You assume some level of intelligence on the part of LM agents They will likely just use the website and see if it pops up. If it does, to hell with rules and you will get it. If it doesn't, you're out of luck. Also, don't bother calling in unless you want to ruin your day. Suggest talking to a hamster instead.
^^
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim:20551447
Originally Posted by BenSDQ
Should I be able to route WAS-IAH-IST-MUC as a oneway?
Impossible. The distance is almost double compared to a direct WAS-MUC flight. Without looking up MPM, I'm almost 100% certain you would be way, way over.
Nothing is impossible here...

Though the inability to force routings through the website may be a challenge.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:03 pm

The website wont show the routing, that much is true.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BenSDQ
Should I be able to route WAS-IAH-IST-MUC as a oneway?
They can't manually enter flights, only what the website offers you. I have tried something similar before and just as the website would do they split it into two different tickets so two sets of miles.

LM is not able to ticket like US or how BMI used to be.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Duplicate post.

Last edited by BEAV; Apr 8, 2013 at 9:51 pm Reason: Duplicate post
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Sounds like I'm in for a rough ride by some of these posts.

Trying to book one-way award ticket in J using LM for routing as follows:

PER-SFO via SQ and OZ (connect in SIN and ICN).

LM website won't display using one-way search, and if I try using multi-city it will only let you return your point of origin (PER).

Flights I want display availability on LM website if I view each separately.

ExpertFlyer confirms availability using *A search feature, and so does UAL website (FWIW).

Called LM. First the guy said he can't build a PNR segment by segment, then reluctantly tried once I gave him each different flight number. In the end, he couldn't complete the booking for whatever reason.

Suggestions?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by BEAV
Sounds like I'm in for a rough ride by some of these posts.

Trying to book one-way award ticket in J using LM for routing as follows:

PER-SFO via SQ and OZ (connect in SIN and ICN).

LM website won't display using one-way search, and if I try using multi-city it will only let you return your point of origin (PER).

Flights I want display availability on LM website if I view each separately.

ExpertFlyer confirms availability using *A search feature, and so does UAL website (FWIW).

Called LM. First the guy said he can't build a PNR segment by segment, then reluctantly tried once I gave him each different flight number. In the end, he couldn't complete the booking for whatever reason.

Suggestions?
Call center uses the exact same thing as the website. Completely useless. It's not going to price online because the engine is too dumb... good luck though.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BEAV

Suggestions?
As per post above you can't build segment by segment.

Buy US miles as they can.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:07 am

Hi guys,

I would like to bring up a question once more. I'm about to book a "modified" award from FRA/ZRH/AMS to Asia, but my official final destination would be somewhere else. As my gf is Russian, I'm kind of concerned that an agent wants to see her visa for the final destination before we board the first flight. This is what happened to me in BOS on my BOS-AMS-CAN-RGN flight. To avoid this, our final destination will be somewhere where she does not require a visa on the outbound but in an "unfriendly" country on the inbound. Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Also, I do have only one single airport to get off in Asia, as all flights route via XXX no matter where I depart from. I would prefer a stopover in BKK instead! Departure one the inbound would be BKK. Any hint by PM would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by servus; Apr 10, 2013 at 5:05 am Reason: adding info
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:42 am
CG

If someone can provide a quick reality check for me, there is no reason I can't book a ticket from XXX-YYY-ZZZ where XXX is in the U.S. and YYY is anywhere in Europe, check my bags, and retrieve them at the customers check at YYY without traveling to ZZZ? Everyone kind of jokes that you'd need to travel without checking bags if you're going to skip the last leg, but as long as your second leg requires a customs check I would think you'd be fine to take the bags there. Am I missing something?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by CG
If someone can provide a quick reality check for me, there is no reason I can't book a ticket from XXX-YYY-ZZZ where XXX is in the U.S. and YYY is anywhere in Europe, check my bags, and retrieve them at the customers check at YYY without traveling to ZZZ? Everyone kind of jokes that you'd need to travel without checking bags if you're going to skip the last leg, but as long as your second leg requires a customs check I would think you'd be fine to take the bags there. Am I missing something?
No, you don't need to check your bags the entire way through, though there are risks associated with misconnects. Just don't forget to tell the check in agent. If they ask for a reason, just say you want to check some alcohol you'll be buying at the duty free.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
where can you see the award miles chart??

Last edited by bryanwallace; Apr 10, 2013 at 7:36 pm
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:56 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Award Mileage Chart

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
where can you see the award miles chart??
Google is your friend

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/inc/starredawards.aspx

But maybe outdated!!!!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:40 am

Tried to find some nice award seats during the last weeks. Managed to find an improved routing for C2-C3 and an OK routing for C2-C6. However, still looking for a way to get to C4 or C1.5 in July without any success. Highly appreciate any hints. If you prefer to discuss this in private, PM also welcome.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:08 am

A way as in a "normal" award?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.