Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by zagy
Not exactly an encouraging answer

So I've found various destinations in Europe to Australia for 70.000 miles + 1100€ one way on Dec 17th and 18th but the way back is a challenge.

Nothing direct seems to be available around 7th (and I have to be back before the weekend for my mother's birthday ). Any suggestions on in-direct routes?
i haven't done EU-OZ myself. but there's an Australian Frequent Flier site that has a lifemiles forum. they might have better answers for you.

from my casual reading of the forum from time to time, i gather that Thai has the most seats available and is a common choice for those in OZ. and SQ if you can find it is popular too. but this close to the holidays, i wouldn't know if there are any good options. Thai flies direct to lots of European cities, so I would start my search with them or with LH's flights to SE Asia.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
The problem is the long connections in BKK, SIN etc - Lifemiles won't show them. The PER and BNE flights to BKK all land too early.

Just booked a January flight to Europe for myself today:
1) Scoot PER-SIN in "business" for $279
2) a LM C award from SIN to Europe.
There's a 12 hour overnight layover in SIN, too bad, but loads of lunchtime flights to Europe with C availability.

Scoot flies from OOL too.

Actually there's a reasonable one-way fare for that biz sector to Europe, Finnair out of SIN for $1,600 or Bangkok about $1,400.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by harryhv
The problem is the long connections in BKK, SIN etc - Lifemiles won't show them. The PER and BNE flights to BKK all land too early.

There's a 12 hour overnight layover in SIN, too bad, but loads of lunchtime flights to Europe with C availability.

Actually there's a reasonable one-way fare for that biz sector to Europe, Finnair out of SIN for $1,600 or Bangkok about $1,400.
Which airport in Europe are you flying to from SIN?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Well I'm going to London and the 1pm flight is available in C most days including Jan 8. Lands 7pm, might be tight for connecting to Italy.

But there's lots of other lunchtime flights from SIN & BKK with spotty C award availability: AMS, FRA, MUC, ZRH.

LM is offering SIN-AMS-FRA-MXP in C on 7 Jan, dep 11pm.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver)
Originally Posted by scibuff
Well, only four Russian airports have airside transit capabilities so be careful there ...
Some time ago, that page was like this:
Direct airside transit

Passengers travelling through international airports do not need a visa for a transit of less than 24 hours, provided a confirmed onward ticket is held and the traveller remains in the international transit area (without clearing passport control).

That said, most Russian airports do not have an international transit area. The most important exceptions are:

Moscow's Sheremetyevo International Airport (SVO) which has an international transit area common for terminals D, E and F;
Moscow's Domodedovo International Airport (DME) which has an international transit area in its only terminal;
Moscow's Vnukovo International Airport (VKO) which has an international transit area in terminal A;
Yekaterinburg's Koltsovo International Airport (SVX) which has an international transit area in its international terminal.
But someone for some reason decided to rewrite it as if there were no other airports with international transit but these four. I am quite unsure that who wrote it really knew that for a fact.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by zagy
Not exactly an encouraging answer

So I've found various destinations in Europe to Australia for 70.000 miles + 1100€ one way on Dec 17th and 18th but the way back is a challenge.

Nothing direct seems to be available around 7th (and I have to be back before the weekend for my mother's birthday ). Any suggestions on in-direct routes?
I live in Sydney , australia and would never use lifemiles from syd-Europe return. You should have a look at USDM only 120k in J and you can select your own routing .
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Could someone pm me Russian information? I got great use out of "cutting" redemption.. Anything else may help on my return and I have a visa
Old Dec 15, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
SQ12 J phantom? Anyone tried and successfully booked this flight? I see quite a bit of availability.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SFOvacations
SQ12 J phantom? Anyone tried and successfully booked this flight? I see quite a bit of availability.
I know someone who has.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by SFOvacations
LM makes available all sorts of SQ flights that other programs don't...no reason to think it would be phantom.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by harryhv

Another option is to buy Australia-BKK ticket OW, and then do an LM redemption from BKK to Europe. TG has lots of flights to many European cities, and availability in C is not too bad
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:00 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
FYI, availability on a certain European carrier's newest route is wide open through EOS.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:13 pm

So a friend was buying two chainsaws. She got the error message. I don't know if she hit the refresh button or what, but somehow two became three, as in miles, taxes etc. but not ticket.

So of course the first thought is to call, but then because it is a special route, what to do?

Any thoughts? TIA
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:11 am

How can one convince the engine to offer connections > 4 hours?
I was randomly offered an unconventional routing with a connection in HKG arr 16.15/dep 23.50 between two longhaul flights.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:09 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by jarino
How can one convince the engine to offer connections > 4 hours?
I was randomly offered an unconventional routing with a connection in HKG arr 16.15/dep 23.50 between two longhaul flights.
Not sure what you mean. You were offered a connection over 7 hours so what do you need to convince it to do?

I was offered a 13 hour connection the other day...that was a surprise!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.