Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Can anyone kindly confirm if you need a visa to countries like Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc. if your itinerary ends there?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes you do.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
there is one country with visa on arrival
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Just what lenghts some people will go through to save a couple of miles. Tch tch tch....
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:33 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by staff
Can anyone kindly confirm if you need a visa to countries like Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc. if your itinerary ends there?
I imagine it depends on your passport and/or country of residence.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
The Russia trick has been around for a while in a few incarnations, but as stated - nobody should (or will) let the person board with no visa, so some very pissed off people will happen. Good - he deserves the eventual heat :P
i can confirm that they do check russian visa at check-in.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by dsf
I imagine it depends on your passport and/or country of residence.
i have two passports, with name A and B (B is slightly different than A)
my ticket was booked in name A, and passport that allow my entry is with name B. they had to get a supervisor involved to check me in because the passport with name A dont have a visa.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:51 pm

What if one has yet another cancelable ticket from that throw-away place to second throw-away place?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gomilan
What if one has yet another cancelable ticket from that throw-away place to second throw-away place?
Then they will cancel and throw away your ticket!!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
He means buying a refundable ticket from the Russian airport code to a place that doesn't need a visa and then cancelling the ticket once you go thru check in
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
He means buying a refundable ticket from the Russian airport code to a place that doesn't need a visa and then cancelling the ticket once you go thru check in
Well, only four Russian airports have airside transit capabilities so be careful there ...
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by scibuff
Well, only four Russian airports have airside transit capabilities so be careful there ...
I wonder whether the OP might miss the flight to Russia?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
I wonder whether the OP might miss the flight to Russia?
But it doesn't matter, at initial check-in, the airline will make sure you are able to enter Russia, as this is the ticket purchased. If you cannot enter Russia, they will deny you boarding at the initial check-in point. If you tell them you are missing the flight that arrives in Russia, you are, "most likely", breaking the contract of carriage, which will also likely get your ticket canceled at the initial check-in point.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
But it doesn't matter, at initial check-in, the airline will make sure you are able to enter Russia, as this is the ticket purchased. If you cannot enter Russia, they will deny you boarding at the initial check-in point. If you tell them you are missing the flight that arrives in Russia, you are, "most likely", breaking the contract of carriage, which will also likely get your ticket canceled at the initial check-in point.
Exactly ! This is correct. I travel to Russia several times in a year, and my visa is always checked at initial check-in point.

But it is not difficult to get a Russian visa now for US passport holders, it was always much easier for most EU country passport holders.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:53 pm

Why all of this in travelling to parts of the former Soviet republic?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.